Senaste nytt

USA ESTA & Visum tråd

kristerj

Medlem
Problemet löst. Bindestrecken mellan andra och tredje namn var problemet. Däremot fattar jag fortfarande inte hur man får fram gruppansökan. Men hela familjen har klarat först sållningen:)
Jag får fram gruppansökan genom att trycka på Retrieve application\Retrieve Group of Applications och sedan anger jag Grupp ID (10-siffirigt tal) och mina kontaktdetaljer (då det var jag som sökte för gruppen=familjen), sedan kommer resten av familjens ansökningar upp och kontrolleras ändras.

hagmar

Medlem
Å Ä och Ö i namn och det här med biljetter

Hej!

Jag har Å Ä och Ö i mitt fullständiga namn. Har köpt en resa till USA på lokala resebyrån med flygbolaget Lufthansa.
På min eticket står namnet med A A och O istället för AA AE och OE som man egentligen skall skriva (vad jag har förstått då det står i den maskinläsbara delen på passet). Mitt Eurobonus-kort står med svenska tecken Å Ä och Ö

Kommer detta bli några problem vid incheckning?

ESTAN har jag sedan tidigare resa och den står som i den maskinläsbara delen i passet

Aldrig haft några problem med det. Jag brukar dock fylla i OE som man skall på ESTA och på tullformuläret (dvs. som det står i passet) även när jag glömde att boka biljetten med OE. :)

I thought I better write this in english since my svorsk/tysk/engelsk dialect kan be a bit hard to understand. I am heading over to NYC tomorrow. I filled in the ESTA on Monday and It was straight away approved. But I didn't note down the number nor did I print a copy as a PDF (I know stupid me).
When I now return to retrieve the application it states this:

Application Expired

I had a previous ESTA which expired last year, so hence I applied for a new one. Does it take longer to process it through the whole system and finde the one? Or shall I just apply on more time?
I will be in ARN today, so can I get SAS to check if the ESTA is in the system? I'll be flying SAS from CPH to EWR tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for any advice

Dr. Miles

Expert
I thought I better write this in english since my svorsk/tysk/engelsk dialect kan be a bit hard to understand. I am heading over to NYC tomorrow. I filled in the ESTA on Monday and It was straight away approved. But I didn't note down the number nor did I print a copy as a PDF (I know stupid me).
When I now return to retrieve the application it states this:

Application Expired

I had a previous ESTA which expired last year, so hence I applied for a new one. Does it take longer to process it through the whole system and finde the one? Or shall I just apply on more time?
I will be in ARN today, so can I get SAS to check if the ESTA is in the system? I'll be flying SAS from CPH to EWR tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for any advice

Please try this link. It seems you don't need to fill in application number.
Or you maybe already did.

ESTA - Retrieve One Application

Screenshot20130605_1.png

I did try this, but only got the answer that my application was expired. I assume this is my ESTA which expired last year. Could it be that this is still kicking around in the system and the new one has not been updated? I ussed the sam passport for my new application and for my last application. Can SAS see in their system if the ESTA is granted?

Fredrik

Medlem
Kris,

I don't know about the rest but last year there were some problems boarding me on a EWR flight. What I did hear then was that they could see that the problems were not due to my ESTA. They could confirm I was good to go according to American authorities.

Thanks Frederik, will check with SAS and see what they say. Did you manage to get onto the flight? Was it a ticket issue or a visa issue in the end?

Fredrik

Medlem
It was a ticket problem(likely due to a late Optiontown upgrade followed by an op-up at the gate). I was last to board and there were no issues on arrival.

Nemo

Medlem
Från SAS interna sidor.

"US Secure Flight - SFPD
Passengers holding reservations with missing mandatory SFPD information may be denied boarding by TSA.
SFPD must be inserted in SSR on all flights to, from, via and within USA in the PNR latest 72 hours before departure, or at time of reservation. If the reservation is made on an SK marketing flight to/from/within USA, SAS will forward the SSR to the relevant carrier.
SFPD shall also be inserted for reservations on other carriers when applicable and 72 hours prior to departure, but must be made manually for most OAL (in free format).
(...)
Secure Flight Passenger Data - SFPD
Mandatory data:
- Full name as written in Passport
Note: Name element in reservation must show last name and first (given) name only ("tilltalsnamn" in Swedish). It is not needed to include all names from passport as shown in SFPD.
SAS supports the spelling of Å, Æ, Ø, Ü according to ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) standard: e.g. Å=AA, Ä=AE, Ö=OE, Ü= UE. "

Således: alla namn ska stå i ESTA-ansökan och i den passagerardata som man fyller i minst 72h i förväg, går dock bra med enbart tilltalsnamn + efternamn i biljett.

Toppen