Senaste nytt

The Big Win: MMX-ARN-FRA-LAX-PHX-SEA-YVR-SEA-LHR-ARN incl. LH F, US F, BA J..

ACervin

Medlem
Fint reportage. Man blir sugen på att resa efter att sett bilderna. Nu har jag äntligen fått en bra hum om hur FCT ser ut. Kamerorna som används blir mer och mer avancerade här på BC! Kul att det började med en bild på min gamla arbetsplats i nästan 20 år. Lunds Universitetssjukhus som det numera inte heter. Den busshållplatsen känner jag väl till.

Concorde

Founding Member
After checking in at the wonderful HIX Hollywood Highland Avenue, I took an hour by the pool for a quick October tan as it was in the 80's.

Dinner at friends house would be around 7 so I did the deeds and walked down to Hall of Fame. That is the first and last time I do so. Tourist Trap of the worst kind. Anyhow, walked down to the Grove and Farmers Market (used to work at Television City) for a light meal and some shopping.
Grabbed a cab around 6.30 for my friends house but the cab driver had no clue what he was doing. Had myself and friend over the phone not intervened we'd be driving for hours... It still set me back 100 dollars with this idiot driver. So in 5 hours or so I had spent nearly 200USD on two taxi trips. Meh.

Dinner was lovely and chilled, both are in the Entertainment Industry (one famous, one dealing with famous) but have both feet firmly on the ground which is refreshing. The following day I would be picking up a rental at Hertz for driving around. First stop Runyon Canyon for some serious exercising:

fy79.jpg

hcd9.jpg

r3lt.jpg

d64m.jpg

1fia.jpg

hgf6.jpg

9dcu.jpg

el3a.jpg

I love this place. You can really work up a serious sweat and do some serious conditioning. Views of LA are nice as seen from the pictures. And you get some serious ladies walking about (hint SFO777). I spent an hour and half climbing and walking at high speed. Legs and gluteal destroyed.
Originally I had planned to spend two nights at the HIX, but then decided to swith to the CP LAX as I would be flying at 08:00 to SEA via PHX. Hertz return was a 5 minute 10 minute walk from the CP. Before that I met friends for Lunch in BH, more shopping, dinner at a steakhouse (okay) and then drove straight down to LAX, not using the highways. 20 minutes with little traffic. The CP was acceptable, got upgraded to a decent room but again it was some 6-7 hours sleep before taking the free shuttle outside the CP.

One benefit of being up early is the very good light for photography. I think these shots worked out rather well:

yd5r.jpg

gvli.jpg

55eo.jpg

js1m.jpg

3m7y.jpg

LAX T1 was quite calm and the US F experience rather pleasant and with Fast Track security. But no lounge access...

17ug.jpg

d4bm.jpg

cviw.jpg

utfr.jpg

yz94.jpg

3kxm.jpg

c4er.jpg

Concorde

Founding Member
atbr.jpg

lq0t.jpg

No lounge access meant Starbucks (which I don't mind) and also a chance to re-acquaintance one self the regular way of air travel.
0l5h.jpg

"Plane spotting"
a1ew.jpg

Boarding was called and I almost missed my flight... gate said 6 I was sure, but it was 8!
60jp.jpg

Nothing wrong with the seat or leg room.

2up8.jpg

Snacks and free bar. Cheery crew.
phpi.jpg

vd3m.jpg

6ffr.jpg

Flight to PHX was quick with great views. Lay-over was just over an hour with a healthy walk to the next Pier.

0esa.jpg

d985.jpg

No lounge access. Yummy!

bklh.jpg

Thanks for looking. More to come.

Concorde

Founding Member
The flight between PHX and SEA was very nice, despite the non existing catering on US F and a 2.30h flight. Crew was some of the nicest I've experienced. I found the seat very comfortable and slept well for an hour.
Approach and arrival in SEA as scenic as I remember from my visit 18 months earlier.

Hello:
y1y6.jpg

I would not be staying in SEA however. Rather, a scenic drive up north to Vancouver in order to tick of the 3 cities requirement for the Big Win. And what a pleasant drive it would be. I had reserved a full-size car with Hertz, knowing it could result in an upgrade to something premium. Bags out quickly again due to US F priority and I made my way to the Car Rental transfer bus.
Now, the new car rental terminal/facility at SEA is impressive. And with Hertz Gold, it's a true pleasure. As I switched on my phone after arrival, there was en email from Hertz stating where the car was, what car it was and to simply jump in and drive to check-out. Flawless.
Landing to rental, about 40 minutes total. And the upgrade had come through nicely; A pretty new Dodge Charger. These are some serious American wheels and I was surprised at the performance and build quality.
Okay, so it's not an M5, but perfectly adequate for the 150 mile drive on the I5.

First stop just around the corner from SEATAC; The Museum of Flight. I was invited there by Boeing back in 2012 for the G-STBF delivery but thought it would be a crime not to visit again as it was not a detour. And of course the shop which is heaven for airplane geeks with young children, both boys.

2grp.jpg

o3lj.jpg

I've had better lunches...

25q5.jpg

i67k.jpg

rflj.jpg

7q64.jpg

s5o8.jpg

After an hour or so at MOF I directed that car north for the pleasant drive to YVR.

Down Town SEA:
hl97.jpg

oygb.jpg

y31n.jpg

Border control to Canada was a breeze and took about 5 minutes. I was now back in Canada and specifically BC. We spent parts of our honeymoon 5 years earlier in Vancouver, so it was a special moment.
I had opted to stay outside central Vancouver for practical reasons and ended up the HIX in Riverport, Richmond. About 25 minutes drive to Down Town YVR. Considering the rate, which was like 87CAD, this hotel was excellent value for money. While the location is basically in the middle of nowhere, except for a large mall and sports recreation facility, for a pit stop one cannot complain. Got upgraded to a Suite of sorts due to Platinum status.

Bedroom:

67q3.jpg

View:
m9kc.jpg

Seating area (there was also a kitchenette, and a good size bathroom).
y2l0.jpg

For dinner I headed to the complex and found your typical Canadian American Sports bar with decent Wings and a burger. I am big fan of NHL which was on TV so this was one of those moments when you fully accept that life does not have to be complicated.

Okay, so breakfast was very HIX with limited options and mostly processed foods, but I survived after another good nights sleep. Time to drive to YVR.

The boot of a Dodge Charger:
oe3m.jpg

Lively place:
bkeg.jpg

Well, what a coincidence!
t6du.jpg

vrzq.jpg

I suppose I'll never see this place again...
6mwa.jpg

The wheels:
nk0e.jpg

More wheels, YVR and SEA coming up. Thanks for looking.

Toppen