Senaste nytt

IAG försöker köpa Aer Lingus & Qatar Airways köper 10% av IAG

Kricka

Medlem
Frågan är intressant dvs. är Qatar för eller emot en försäljning till BA ?
De ser det kanske som en spekulation: om BA betalar mer per aktie
än vad Qatar har betalat så tjänar de en "slant" ?

Dr. Miles

Expert
Frågan är intressant dvs. är Qatar för eller emot en försäljning till BA ?
De ser det kanske som en spekulation: om BA betalar mer per aktie
än vad Qatar har betalat så tjänar de en "slant" ?
Jag uppfattade Homers inlägg som Qatar Airways köper 10% av aktier av IAG (ägare av British Airways, IBERIA), inte Aer Lingus.

Homer

Medlem
Här bekräftar det vad jag trodde, att de inte får köpa mer än 9,99%

Doha, Qatar As part of efforts to enhance operations and strengthen existing commercial ties initiated through codeshare agreements with IAG as well as its membership of the oneworld alliance, Qatar Airways has acquired a 9.99% stake in IAG.

Non-EU shareholders of IAG including Qatar Airways are subject to an overall cap on non-EU ownership as a result of the requirement for EU airlines to be majority owned by EU shareholders. Qatar Airways may consider increasing its stake further over time although this is not currently intended to exceed 9.99%

Press Release | Qatar Airways

Agö

Medlem
IAG har i dagarna gjort åtaganden för att få igenom konkurrensprövningen hos kommissionen. Antar att det i vanlig ordning handlar om slots på London Heahtrow.

Homer

Medlem
Planen är tydligen att fånga ytterligare trafik från "nya" orter och indirekt naturligtvis avlasta Heathrow.

Willy Walsh CEO IAG:
I think the beauty of this dual hub, Dublin-Heathrow, is that it gives us opportunities that we don't have today. We're particularly attracted to it because, as I mentioned in the presentation, there are significant number of regional airports in the UK that are not connected to Heathrow, and unfortunately won't be connected to Heathrow, but are connected to Dublin. And that provides IAG, and indeed if you want to bring it down to BA, it gives them a stronger presence in the UK region.
So we have a lot of frequent fliers who will use Heathrow for long-haul flying into Asia, Africa, the Middle East, but find it more convenient to fly with other airlines on the transatlantic because we don't have that connectivity over Heathrow. And this will give us the opportunity to serve those customers. These are members of our frequent flyer programs and executive programs, and that's why we see this as being significantly beneficial to existing customers, not just Aer Lingus customers, but also other IAG customers.

I2Ueblw.jpg

Toppen