Senaste nytt

Fra Kigali til Kastrup med Qatar Airways i economy

pep

Medlem
Award ticket from KGL to CPH via EBB and DOH on 18/8-2021. Thought I could upgrade from Economy to Business, but their Privilege Club is further degrading and has abolished that option. Nowadays, it is almost impossible to pay and book online due to increased security causing it to be a several days’ project to issue a ticket. Award tickets cannot be booked without instantly paying taxes. And, online payments could not be effected from Rwanda due to code/country problems to receive OTP. Thus, even temporarily bookings can’t be made unless done directly by QR over phone at higher fares and lots of troubles involving use of other people’s credit cards.

Check-In in Kigali easy, though must be in Airport 4 hours prior to departure due to Corona prevention measures. Granted Lounge access to Pearl lounge which is acceptable. Must pay for luxury beverages. But a variety of hot food and snacks offered makes up for it.

All flights on B-787-8. Long haul Economy Class QR is top notch and matches economy+ on other airlines. They have improved economy class services since I travelled with them last time; 18 months ago. FAs are attentive and extremely concerned of elite travellers like myself – I have a fainting Gold Card, but was addressed by name throughout I was given the best seats possible in economy among options provided. Drinks were offered frequently. Call bells responded to quickly. Three choices of hot food on every long leg: plenty of it, and I got more if requested. No seafood, mutton, fish or exotic meat offered. English breakfast without bacon? Salads average and desserts were excellent. Sparkling wine (Cava) and wines. Beers offered are still embarrassing: only two, similar, dull lagers offered: Stella Artois and Budwiser – Heineken has gone but that does not add to the repertoire, anyway. The leg DOH-CPH offered two meal rounds. First, a Champagne brunch (3 meal options). Then, a heavy sandwich prior to descend. I was given 3 seats through seat-block for elite travellers.

FFP-lounges in Doha are temporarily upgraded to become the Al Mourjan - even for economy travelers with card status. In CPH my luggage came out as the first. A pleasant travel. About as good as it gets in Economy.

Toppen