Senaste nytt

En tåbe rejser i zigzag til Afrikas hjerte

pep

Medlem
7 ben, 4 flyselskaber, 2 x 3 married legs, masser af XP til Skyteam og Tierpoints til BA. Alt i business undtagen SGN-KUL-CGK. Turen kostede ialt ca. 2000 USD. Hvis jeg havde rejst mere direkte havde jeg måttet betale ca. 1000 USD mere. Jeg kom op paa i alt 40 timers loungebesoeg i 7 lounges i 6 forskellige lande for 2.5 dags uafbrudt rejse, det er vist personlig rekord.

Alle lounges besøgte var udmærkede, især Le Saigonnais i SGN, Golden i KLIA, Plaza Premium i Jakarta T1 og Pride Lounge i Nairobi. Sov ud i quiet area både i KLIA og igen i Pride i NBO. Kom til endestationen til tiden med en E190 med KQ. Bagagen kom ud sidst da alt blev sniffet igennem af hash-hunde. Måtte lide den tort i Dubai at skulle ud og hente baggage og checke ind igen, da UL ikke kunne nå at re-tagge i CGK. Meget besværligt, men da jeg var i transit, kunne jeg deponere min håndbagage i Skyteam loungen i den ekstra time det tog at skulle ind og ud af immigration, security, etc. Ellers kan man betale DNATA (KQs groundhandling firma) 90 USD for besværet, men jeg finder dem upålidelige. Nedenfor mine reviews til SKYTRAX. Alle gengivet uden nogen form for censur.

Visa antal miles, tid och stor karta på Great Circle Mapper

1. Vietnam Airlines Business Class 9/10
30 Aug 2019 Hue-Saigon on VN-airlines most frequent aircraft, the A321. Despite a (wrongly forecasted) heavy rain, the flight was early. Check-in took seconds, but one can only check in 120 minutes prior to flight. In larger cities you can check-in anytime on the same day, and so should it be as staff in Airport are available. A stupid cost saving measure. Online Check In is not possible. Had 37 kg luggage but was neither notified nor reminded that it was 7 kg over my allowance. They just silently accepted. Had big hand-luggage as well. Lounge provided, though very basic without any hot dishes. Food onboard were 3 very tiny, tired, cold, open sandwiches. Drink service and FAs were excellent. A Miss Giang took care of me with pleasure and passion. Gate bridge in Saigon appreciated. Luggage arrived on belt within 3-4 Minutes after we left the aircraft. Amazing. Good, punctual airline, dull colours onboard, nice, soft, huge classic business seats. Aircraft was leased from Cambodia Angkor Air with their inflight magazines onboard. IFE not connected.

2. Malaysia Airlines Economy Class 09/10
30-31 Aug 2019 Saigon-Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta on their favorite aircrafts, the aged B737s. Allowed to check in online and checked-in very early in Saigon as they have open counters almost throughout the day. They operate 3-5 flights from Saigon per day. Got both two Boarding Passes issued instantly. The luggage was checked in for my next 4 legs (I had 6 to come, but they failed to manage the last two- but acceptable. As frequent traveler I accessed Le Saigonnais lounge in Saigon and Golden Lounge in the Satellite terminal in KLIA. Both lounges are very good and hospitable. Nap area in Golden Lounge is very useful for me, I also appreciate their noodle section. Flights on time and well announced. Hot meals on board on both flights, and my special meal request was honored. Meals loaded from KLIA are always much better than those loaded from Ho Chi Minh. IFE worked fine. On both flights, I was given option to chose any seat available in economy. No mileage give as the ticket was cheap providing very high value for especially elite travelers as the lounges make up for what may be missing on the flights. They give 45 kg. luggage allowances to One-World frequent flyers on a strongly discounted fare; that’s a gift. Still, they don’t serve any alcoholic drinks on those routes, which is a shortcoming.

3. Sri Lankan Business Class 8/10
Flew CGK-CMB-DXB on 31 August 2019 on A321 and A330-200, respectively. Started journey in Jakarta upon arrival from Kuala Lumpur by Malaysia Airlines. Online check in prints were accepted in JKT Airport so I avoided to exit transit. They are very strict on checking credit card information and cannot allow people on board without being verified. They use Plaza Premium Lounge i T3. Lovely lounge in a big panorama corner with long views in 3 directions. Got some snakefruits and guava juice. Fortunately, MH og UL now both uses this terminal. Previously, I had to exit transit and get a visa to enter among different terminals. Both flights were world class in terms of FA friendliness and care. Food was also very, very good with 3-4 options. Elaborate menu and drink list cards provided. Drinks provided uninterruptedly and proactively in a charming way. FA attendants are the best in the sky to my taste. Well groomed, friendly, focused, caring, charming, smiling (flirtatious?), explaining, suggesting, advising, and very honest and direct on whatever topics may pass. Flights full but all were taken well care of by hardworking staff. Aircrafts were worn and torn. IFE was not working properly and plugs are worn. Old, limited content. However, IFE has not any strong priority for me, anyway. Strange seating in the A330 machine, where the window seats in business class are lifted up 20 cm above all other seats in cabin; can’t sleep in such seats. In conclusion, good value for money and lots of Frequent Flyer Points given. First flight delayed 2 hours due to engine malfunction. Second flight awaited the delay of first flight, so eventually all passengers were delayed by (though only by an hour) at arrival in Dubai. Good for us but less good for the majority onboard 2nd flight for and extended 80 Minutes prior to take off. Not a good way for all as more people are affected and problems pushed forward. My two pieces of inscribed luggage were handled well.
4. Kenya Airways Business 7/10
Dubai to Kigali over Nairobi 1-September 2019 on B787-800 and E190 aircrafts. On time. KQ cannot handle transit luggage in Dubai anymore. This happens frequently to me as I often travel on a different ticket onwards from DXB when transiting. One has to hire a ground handling company DNATA (?) and pay them 90 USD to retag two suitcases forward. Instead, I opted to pass twice not only immigration but also security and train commuting. Had to reclaim my bags and check them in again at landside. Otherwise, everything went perfect. I sleep well on the Dreamliner, prefer the middle seats on 2nd row. FAs pleasurable and I allowed them to change my seat as my new neighbour was good-looking. I bought the tickets a year in advance and could at that time not connect easily to Kigali from Nairobi. Earlier flights are now available, but I opted not to change and killed my 12 hours in Pride Lounge in Nairobi with pleasure and in great comfort. Last flight on Embraer, also faultless. But inflight service poor and food is a joke: a single, cold, unappetizing sandwich. I wonder what they can serve cheaper for economy class. Beers and wine available but hidden not displayed on wagons. Business class was full and people were cramped in 1 x 2 configuration. Headsets were for economy class and only given on request Luggage delivered at belt as some of the very last ones, more than 35 Minutes after passing immigration. No point of Priority Tags. Delay caused by examination of all bags prior to releasing them! I could hear the sniffing dogs they use to disclose drugs. An airport thing, but passengers are suffering from this which also apply for departures. I still rate KQ fairly high due to good lounges, good first flight, nice FAs, and ability to handle irregularities.

Last edited:
Du åker alltid på lite ovanliga bolag och ovanliga sträckor, åtminstone ur ett skandinaviskt perspektiv, och det gör dem mer intressanta. Du tar aldrig bilder när du flyger? Skulle vara roligt att se hur det ser ut på dessa lite ovanliga fåglar.

pep

Medlem
Du åker alltid på lite ovanliga bolag och ovanliga sträckor, åtminstone ur ett skandinaviskt perspektiv, och det gör dem mer intressanta. Du tar aldrig bilder när du flyger? Skulle vara roligt att se hur det ser ut på dessa lite ovanliga fåglar.
Tak, jo jeg tager billeder men min billedbehandling er langsom og hvis jeg bruger min smartphone er de ofte for daarlige. Glaed dig til returrejsen naeste maaned...Til jul skal jeg til Jylland med hvs. Jetstar, China Eastern, Shanghai Airlines, og BA fra DAD via HKG, PVG, BUD, LHR til BLL. Alt paa Economy....

Alf

Medlem
Tack för ännu en reseberättelse om lite annorlunda flygning och platser. Jag håller nog inte med dej om MAS Golden lounge i KUL. Den loungen tycker jag nog är en av de sämre jag har upplevt, om man inte gillar nudlar. I övrigt är det ett uselt utbud på mat. Skall man ha någon dryck får man gå iväg till en del i loungen där baren ligger och hämta vad man vill ha. Det blir en himla massa extra utflykter bara för att hämta några glas vin.

mtlmr

Medlem
Häda inte. Inte gilla nudlar eller nudelsoppor? For hilvide Alf!

Tack för ännu en reseberättelse om lite annorlunda flygning och platser. Jag håller nog inte med dej om MAS Golden lounge i KUL. Den loungen tycker jag nog är en av de sämre jag har upplevt, om man inte gillar nudlar. I övrigt är det ett uselt utbud på mat. Skall man ha någon dryck får man gå iväg till en del i loungen där baren ligger och hämta vad man vill ha. Det blir en himla massa extra utflykter bara för att hämta några glas vin.

pep

Medlem
Et billede fra Hue og et par stykker fra Le Saigonnais

Attachments

• DSC02425.jpg
    DSC02425.jpg
    67,3 KB · Visningar: 257
  • DSC02253.jpg
    DSC02253.jpg
    31 KB · Visningar: 235
  • DSC02255.jpg
    DSC02255.jpg
    46,7 KB · Visningar: 248

pep

Medlem
Saa gaa ind i First og spis a la carte? Mht. baren kan du jo tage maden med derud hvis drikke er vigtigere end mad? Jeg beder ofte bar-staff om at hente en gang toerrede ansjoser (fra mad/buffet'en) som er verdens mest vidunderlige snack til at glas...whatever!

Toppen