Senaste nytt

En returrejse i armod...

pep

Medlem
Jeg havde planlagt at skulle "hjem" til Vietnam hvor jeg bor. Men ak, grundet nye regler blev jeg naegtet indrejse i Danang (trods visa exemption!) og maatte returneres/deporteres tilbage hvor jeg kom fra:
12 Mar 20 19:40 KGL-NBO-JNB 10:55+1 KQ eco N
13 Mar 20 13:10 JNB-DOH-DAD 18:30+1 QR eco V
upload_2020-3-18_18-35-46.png

14 Mar 20 00:50 DAD DOH JNB 14:25 QR eco
15 Mar 20 17:30 JNB-NBO KGL 08:10+1 KQ eco Q

Totalt 3 1/2 dag i skyerne (8 flights) er rigeligt, selv om jeg nyder loungerne:

1. Kenya Airways. Economy 8/10
Travelled Kigali via Nairobi to Johannesburg and back within 2 days mid-March 2020. Aircrafts E190 on short leg and Boeing Dreamliners B788 on long legs. All flights on time. No luggage issues. Checked in online. Had to wait 1 hour in airport as they only open check in 2 hours before departure. Upgraded 1st leg KGL-NBO by a modest, but successful online bid. Granted lounge access by courtesy in Nairobi as my Gold Card was just earned during the same trip (but of course not processed in their system). In Kigali they use Pearl lounge which is deteriorating since Rwandair opened a new lounge opposite. Kenya Airways Pride Lounge in Nairobi is wonderful. Food served onboard was substandard and particular breakfasts were a disgrace. However, drink supplies were fine. I like the “Happy Hours” approach they use on regional routes like to Dubai and JNB where you order a drink or wine and they often double up the order without asking. I have only received this double up service before on Gulf Air and the now deceased Jet Airways. That is generous, positive approach and make one feel very appreciated and cared for in economy class where benefits otherwise are sparse. FAs are very good though advised an FA to avoid chewing gum as it is cause feeling of disrespect to some passengers. Champagne on business class is good and offered also before departure. No IFE on short legs but on long legs plenty of films to watch. No WiFi onboard. I was given 3 seats on all stretches as flights were not full thanks to corona virus fear and close downs.

2. Bidwest Lounge Jo-burg 10/10
Excellent Lounge, in my view world class and not expensive to access if pay by cash. Cleanest toilets I have ever seen. Smokers section perfect. Good views of tarmac. Sleeping section. No champagnes or a la carte, but perfect RSA-sparkling wines and a huge, beautiful arranged and well stocked buffet beats any a la carte service. Compared to nearby Aspire lounge, it is 2 steps up, despite Aspire is also good.

3. Qatar Airways Economy 2/10
Travelled Jo-burg to Danang via Doha 13 March 2020. And, back instantly and abruptly on the same route due to denied access to Vietnam who closed borders due to corona fear. Mixed experience. Aircrafts were newer A350 and B788 respectively. Economy class OK and seat block granted due to my elite FFP status. All flights on time. IFE and WiFi worked well. Plugs available. Food was substandard and drinks were of very limited options (e.g. only 1 brand of beer), however they served a Cava sparkling wine in addition to a single brand of white wine offered. Too many FAs onboard made no sense. Lounges acceptable. In conclusion the airline is not innovative for the last 12 years. They apply rigid serving due to “rules, regulations, and policy”. No true warmth from FA, everything is superficial and all are scared to lose their job. A conform, dull, uninspiring airline on detour. Elite Frequent Flyers have been depraved 50% or more of their miles due to devalued and rigid, intransparent program. When denied entry in Vietnam they left me stranded in transit in Danang for 5 hours. On the return they did not issue me a ticket and still they wanted me to pay for return ticket which I refused as they were the one accepting me in the first place. When deported from Vietnam and back to Johannesburg they seized my passport and denied full service e.g. access to drinks. They gave me the worst seats despite being Gold-card holder on BA as well as QR. Felt outlawed and treated like a criminal. A most humiliating experience.

Nemo

Medlem
Please! Håll tonen här, @Hachans .
@pep blev nekad inresa till landet han bor i, deporterad till andra sidan jordklotet, och skriver sedan en väl balanserad rapport utifrån förutsättningarna.
Jag vet att tiderna är kaotiska, därför är det extra viktigt att visa empati och rikta sin ilska åt ett annat håll, exempelvis ta en promenad och rensa huvudet.

EDIT: Moderator har tagit bort citat

Last edited by a moderator:

squeezen

Medlem
Jeg havde planlagt at skulle "hjem" til Vietnam hvor jeg bor. Men ak, grundet nye regler blev jeg naegtet indrejse i Danang (trods visa exemption!) og maatte returneres/deporteres tilbage hvor jeg kom fra:
12 Mar 20 19:40 KGL-NBO-JNB 10:55+1 KQ eco N
13 Mar 20 13:10 JNB-DOH-DAD 18:30+1 QR eco V
Visa bifogad bild 107690

14 Mar 20 00:50 DAD DOH JNB 14:25 QR eco
15 Mar 20 17:30 JNB-NBO KGL 08:10+1 KQ eco Q

Totalt 3 1/2 dag i skyerne (8 flights) er rigeligt, selv om jeg nyder loungerne:

1. Kenya Airways. Economy 8/10
Travelled Kigali via Nairobi to Johannesburg and back within 2 days mid-March 2020. Aircrafts E190 on short leg and Boeing Dreamliners B788 on long legs. All flights on time. No luggage issues. Checked in online. Had to wait 1 hour in airport as they only open check in 2 hours before departure. Upgraded 1st leg KGL-NBO by a modest, but successful online bid. Granted lounge access by courtesy in Nairobi as my Gold Card was just earned during the same trip (but of course not processed in their system). In Kigali they use Pearl lounge which is deteriorating since Rwandair opened a new lounge opposite. Kenya Airways Pride Lounge in Nairobi is wonderful. Food served onboard was substandard and particular breakfasts were a disgrace. However, drink supplies were fine. I like the “Happy Hours” approach they use on regional routes like to Dubai and JNB where you order a drink or wine and they often double up the order without asking. I have only received this double up service before on Gulf Air and the now deceased Jet Airways. That is generous, positive approach and make one feel very appreciated and cared for in economy class where benefits otherwise are sparse. FAs are very good though advised an FA to avoid chewing gum as it is cause feeling of disrespect to some passengers. Champagne on business class is good and offered also before departure. No IFE on short legs but on long legs plenty of films to watch. No WiFi onboard. I was given 3 seats on all stretches as flights were not full thanks to corona virus fear and close downs.

2. Bidwest Lounge Jo-burg 10/10
Excellent Lounge, in my view world class and not expensive to access if pay by cash. Cleanest toilets I have ever seen. Smokers section perfect. Good views of tarmac. Sleeping section. No champagnes or a la carte, but perfect RSA-sparkling wines and a huge, beautiful arranged and well stocked buffet beats any a la carte service. Compared to nearby Aspire lounge, it is 2 steps up, despite Aspire is also good.

3. Qatar Airways Economy 2/10
Travelled Jo-burg to Danang via Doha 13 March 2020. And, back instantly and abruptly on the same route due to denied access to Vietnam who closed borders due to corona fear. Mixed experience. Aircrafts were newer A350 and B788 respectively. Economy class OK and seat block granted due to my elite FFP status. All flights on time. IFE and WiFi worked well. Plugs available. Food was substandard and drinks were of very limited options (e.g. only 1 brand of beer), however they served a Cava sparkling wine in addition to a single brand of white wine offered. Too many FAs onboard made no sense. Lounges acceptable. In conclusion the airline is not innovative for the last 12 years. They apply rigid serving due to “rules, regulations, and policy”. No true warmth from FA, everything is superficial and all are scared to lose their job. A conform, dull, uninspiring airline on detour. Elite Frequent Flyers have been depraved 50% or more of their miles due to devalued and rigid, intransparent program. When denied entry in Vietnam they left me stranded in transit in Danang for 5 hours. On the return they did not issue me a ticket and still they wanted me to pay for return ticket which I refused as they were the one accepting me in the first place. When deported from Vietnam and back to Johannesburg they seized my passport and denied full service e.g. access to drinks. They gave me the worst seats despite being Gold-card holder on BA as well as QR. Felt outlawed and treated like a criminal. A most humiliating experience.
Hope you’ll be able to solve the situation and are holding up well?

• Gilla
Reactions: pep

pep

Medlem
Tak for positiv feedback, venner! Jeg har det fint, og forsoeger at faa det bedste ud af det og maaske endda faa en ny kontrakt her da jeg alligevel er her for 1-3 maaneder. Heldigt at jeg slap ind i landet i tide, da Rwanda nu lukker ned for indkommende udlændinge fra midnat i morgen (iflg. nye rygter). Livet er et æventyr...

Note: Billetten JNB-NBO-KGL havde jeg selvfølgelig ikke forudset. Det lykkedes mig at købe den ombord 4 timer før afrejse fra et svenskt OTA (Supersaver) via QRs WiFi. Billetten blev ikke udstedt i tide, men jeg fandt den med besvaer paa KQs hjemmeside lige før vi landede i JNB

Last edited:
Toppen