Senaste nytt

Emirates från Köpenhamn

flying

Medlem
First class from CPH was a disaster. It's a product that don't sell in Scandinavia and is the reason why EK have had Stockholm and Oslo on hold. It's hard to free up two class frames as 3 class frames is out of the question. It's a prestige for an airport to be served by a first class product, but It failed totally from Copenhagen and I know that is hard for the airport to admit.

From my experience from KLM and other carriers, Norway is by far the strongest market in the Nordic when we talk yield crust, but that's another story and its all about business class, not first.
Swedes are the only ones who have some few companies that still stick to first, expecially through BA and LHR.

CPH are lucky that it's Qatar and Emirates that are compeeting. Other carriers would have reduced or pulled out, but this airlines are prestige carriers who fight no matter the cost.
Fares are ridiculously low. That's good for the pax and the airport but not for the airlines. It's also good for Copenhagen bringing in growth.

It's not difficult to fill an airplane. To make it profitable is another thing and Qatar have the highest average load when you look at the last 12 month of operation. Their rates are also higher.

I wish EK all the best at CPH and I'm certain that they will recieve a A380, but there is a lot of things happening behind the PR machine of Kastrup and it's press windows.

I worked with DL/KL when we launched CPH-ATL and JFK.
What I can say is that I was surprised to se the PR strategy of CPH and how far it was from the reality. Keeping up the apprentice was very important.

My experience from the Nordic countries is that you should and must not present anything that goes against the interest or operations of Kastrup. That's a Dannish fenonema that you do not find elsewhere:)
The importance of Kastrup is deeper for the Danes than the capital airports of Helsinki or Stockholm. It's easy visable for a foreginet to se in the aviation media and different debates.

So again, it's not an attempt to attack Emirates and Copenhagen but rather a contribution to the discussion through my experience and sources to the topic presented.

Tack för en väldigt intressant debatt!

Det citerade inlägget är bland det bästa jag någonsin läst här på BC!

Tycker dock det är synd att EK tog bort F produkten från CPH. Men CPH eller HAM same same but different!

ek.jpg

JohnP

Medlem
Usually for flights over 4 hours.
Both Lufthansa, KLM and BA are refering to Norway as one of their strongest yielded services pr flight in Europe. Qatar is making a killing and planned 9 weekly this summer.

Norwegians have money and pay well. Oslo would have several other LH carriers if it where not for the complete incompetence for the administration of their national Airport. I worked with them regarding a KL/DL service to JFK 4 years ago. We got slots for our 767, but ended up increasing LHR instead when CSA gave up slots there. A complete absence of interest and understanding for their own potenitial for new carriers made us give up.

Look to Copenhagen. They are VERY and I repeat, VERY professional. I'm sorry my friends but Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm do not stand a chance!

Last edited:

pep

Medlem
Dont underestimate ARN ! They are biting the heels of CPH and have a faster growth than other major airports in Scandinavia. The emergence of new TXL Berlin Tegel will kill CPH and boost ARN and HEL...?

JohnP

Medlem
Dont underestimate ARN ! They are biting the heels of CPH and have a faster growth than other major airports in Scandinavia. The emergence of new TXL Berlin Tegel will kill CPH and boost ARN and HEL...?

That is not correct as OSL is the fastest growing airport in Scandinavia.
It has worn that title for several years.
However Berlin must open before it will ever be in a possition to fight CPH.

Copenhagen

Ny medlem
The yield is to low and bringing an aircraft more suitable for this market goes well in hand with the support by Kastrup airport for airlines increasing its presence or capacity. So as I wrote earlier, EK will have no problems filling their 400 daily seats out of Copenhagen, but It will take time and the move to a larger aircraft is not because the demand is increasing rapidly. It's a combination of yield pressure from revenue management, wrong entry to the First market and incentives from Kastrup to reward new capacity that can stimulate further growth at the airport.

Just for the record - In January the average load factor for Emirates at CPH was close to 95%. Based on two-class 428 pax 773 used on 26 of the 31 days and three-class 364 pax 773 used the remaining 6 days. Source: The Danish Transport Authority.

I have a feeling that you for some reason have an agenda to undermine the success of Emirates at CPH. I am also very impresses by your knowledge of Scandinavian aviation and in particular the Norwegian part - especially when you live in Holland as stated. And why a Danish name when you do not speak Danish or are Danish. Hmmmm...

pep

Medlem
........average load factor for Emirates at CPH was close to 95%. Based on two-class 428 pax 773 used on 26 of the 31 days and three-class 364 pax 773 used the remaining 6 days. Source: The Danish Transport Authority.
Tak for 2nd opinion til Copenhagen! Interessant at det tilsyneladende går EK vældig godt! Jeg troede de blev klemt af ever-expanding Qatar, der jo har kvalt Gulf Air på CPH. Ved du om der er andre First Class flyselskaber til CPH? Jeg antager at når du skriver 3 class at det involverer 1st class? Hvordan kan man vide hvilke dage/hvornår flyet har 1st class?

SK1989

Medlem
Tak for 2nd opinion til Copenhagen! Interessant at det tilsyneladende går EK vældig godt! Jeg troede de blev klemt af ever-expanding Qatar, der jo har kvalt Gulf Air på CPH. Ved du om der er andre First Class flyselskaber til CPH? Jeg antager at når du skriver 3 class at det involverer 1st class? Hvordan kan man vide hvilke dage/hvornår flyet har 1st class?
Här kan man se vilka flygplan Emirates flyger på sin rutter: (välj månad och destination)
The EK Source - Emirates Airline Route Tracker.

OT:
Emirates har även startat fraktflygningar till CPH med B777 freighter, 1gång/vecka :)

Last edited:
Toppen