Senaste nytt

Embargo till Kuba via USA, ett minne blott snart?

sembl

Medlem
Det kommer vara ok att ta med sig Rom och Cigarrer för ett värde av $100 när man åker tillbaka till USA. Även Amerikanska kreditkort kommer att accepteras enligt min källa då de idag är spärrade.

Homer

Medlem
Det kommer vara ok att ta med sig Rom och Cigarrer för ett värde av $100 när man åker tillbaka till USA. Även Amerikanska kreditkort kommer att accepteras enligt min källa då de idag är spärrade.

För de som har tillstånd att besöka Kuba ja.
Cuban Cigars: Why Obama's New Policy Won't Mean a New Flood of Cohibas from Havana - Bloomberg

En sådan regel har de haft tidigare men tagit bort.
Importing Cuban cigars
The allowance for bringing in up to $100 worth of Cuban cigars if you were on authorized travel to Cuba is no longer in effect.

Det här lär ju fortsatt gälla:
Foreign residents and visitors to the U.S.(i.e., French, Mexican etc) may not bring in goods of Cuban origin under any circumstances.

Dr. Miles

Expert
Efter dagens ändring gör att amerikanska flygbolag är tillåtna att flyga till Kuba.
Delta och JetBlue planerar att öppna linjer dit.

Reuters skrev:
Obama measures on Cuba trade, travel poke new holes in embargo
WASHINGTON Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:18pm EST

(Reuters) - The United States announced sweeping new rules on Thursday that will significantly ease sanctions on Cuba, opening up the communist-ruled island to expanded U.S. travel, trade and financial activities.

U.S. airlines will be permitted to expand flights to the Caribbean island. Delta Air Lines (DAL.N) and JetBlue Airways (JBLU.O) said they would look into adding services.
Obama measures on Cuba trade, travel poke new holes in embargo| Reuters

Homer

Medlem
Största förändringen verkar vara att man inte behöver begära tillstånd skriftligt utan
kan åka om man tycker "på heder och samvete" att man uppfyller ett av 12 kriterium så får man resa
Står ingenting om även icke-amerikaner får resa mellan USA-Kuba.( @AABack2ARN får testa och raportera)
Here's How To Travel To Cuba Without Getting Fined

För den som tror handelsembargot försvinner snart:
What’s often forgotten, though, is that the embargo was actually triggered by something concrete:
an enormous pile of American assets that Castro seized in the process of nationalizing the Cuban economy.
Some of these assets were the vacation homes and bank accounts of wealthy individuals.
But the lion’s share of the confiscated property—originally valued at $1.8 billion, which at 6 percent simple interest
translates to nearly $7 billion today—was sugar factories, mines, oil refineries, and other business
operations belonging to American corporations, among them the Coca-Cola Co., Exxon, and the First National Bank of Boston.
Today, the nearly 6,000 property claims filed in the wake of the Cuban revolution almost never come up
as a significant sticking point in discussions of a prospective Cuban-American thaw.
But they remain active—and more to the point, the federal law that lays out the conditions of a possible
reconciliation with Cuba, the 1996 Helms-Burton Act, says they have to be resolved

There’s another big complication, too: the thousands of Cuban families who fled to America after the revolution and
had everything they owned confiscated by the Communist regime.
These Cuban exiles and their descendants form the backbone of the most intransigent anti-Castro lobby in the United States.
If and when Cuba does open up, they’re going to want their property back as well, which will likely result in extensive litigation in Cuba

The Creighton team suggests the U.S. and Cuba could create a tribunal to referee compensation demands.
Two decades ago, such a tribunal resolved claims of Americans who lost property in
Iran’s revolution.
Claimants with losses under $250,000 received full payment plus interest, according to the settlement commission.

For Cuba, such a tribunal might reward claimants with development rights or distribution licenses instead of cash, Borchers said.
“Iran had money because of oil, and Cuba doesn’t really, although it does have some significant natural resources,” Borchers said.

Cuba Property Claims, Yielding Pennies, May Spur Talks - Bloomberg
Cuba, you owe us $7 billion - Ideas - The Boston Globe

Last edited:

Homer

Medlem
Washington (AFP) - The United States authorized commercial ferry services to Cuba for the first time in more than a half-century on Tuesday, another major step in improving relations between the two countries.
But Hinson suggested the first trip would still take some time, because other permissions were still needed from authorities in both countries.
- Travel permits still needed -
Whether by plane or ferry, American travelers to Cuba still have to come under one of 12 categories permitted in the landmark easing of US sanctions announced by the White House in December -- including family visits, official government business, humanitarian projects and sports gathering
US allows first ferry services to Cuba in over 50 years - Yahoo News

Dr. Miles

Expert
Äntligen (vanliga) jänkarna får tillgång till billig och bra sjukvård i Kuba. :)
Om jag har förstått rätt, operationskostnad av cancer är billigare utan försäkring som utlänning i Kuba än med försäkring i USA.

Homer

Medlem
U.S. to restore commercial air travel to Cuba
The agreement is disclosed in a notice to Capitol Hill offices.

The U.S. government will announce Tuesday that it has signed an agreement with Cuba to restore commercial air travel between the two countries, according to a notice sent to Capitol Hill offices.

“This arrangement establishes scheduled air service of up to 30 daily direct flights between the U.S. and Cuba, will facilitate authorized travel, enhanced traveler choices, and strengthen people-to-people links between the two countries,” according to the notice sent by the Department of Transportation to congressional offices.

The Department later clarified that the agreement allows for up to 110 daily flights total — not 30 — between the U.S. and Cuba: 20 between the U.S. and Havana, and 10 flights to nine other Cuban airports, according to media reports.

Airlines will apply to fly between the two countries, and DOT will select which airline will operate the service, according to the notice.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/us-cuba-commercial-flights-219211#ixzz40MpJkXsS

US, Cuba sign deal on commercial flights

Andreas Q

Medlem
Äntligen (vanliga) jänkarna får tillgång till billig och bra sjukvård i Kuba. :)
Om jag har förstått rätt, operationskostnad av cancer är billigare utan försäkring som utlänning i Kuba än med försäkring i USA.
Ja så är det säkert. Det är billigare att ta räkningen som icke EU medborgare i Sverige än vad det är med copay som försäkrad i USA för vissa åkommor.

Toppen