Senaste nytt

Alitalia nära konkurs?

Homer

Medlem

Nikje

Medlem
Detta sägs vara inför sista flighten:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1448836836353265664

För oss som inte kan italienska finns översättningar i kommentarerna på TPG Lounge (Facebook-grupp) där klippet också publicerats : “Ladies and gentlemen, today is our last flight for Alitalia after 74 years. From the bottom of our hearts we thank you for your business flying with us and loyalty. I have the great honor to make the final boarding announcement. Good day ladies gentlemen, we are ready to board Alitalia flight number AZ1581 with service to Cagliari from gate 23. We will begin by boarding passengers in rows 31-15. Alitalia thanks you again for your business and have a great flight.”

Homer

Medlem
Detta sägs vara inför sista flighten:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1448836836353265664

För oss som inte kan italienska finns översättningar i kommentarerna på TPG Lounge (Facebook-grupp) där klippet också publicerats : “Ladies and gentlemen, today is our last flight for Alitalia after 74 years. From the bottom of our hearts we thank you for your business flying with us and loyalty. I have the great honor to make the final boarding announcement. Good day ladies gentlemen, we are ready to board Alitalia flight number AZ1581 with service to Cagliari from gate 23. We will begin by boarding passengers in rows 31-15. Alitalia thanks you again for your business and have a great flight.”

och precis som i en b-skräckis

91amGQh5eWL._SX300_.jpg

Tomas E

Medlem
Intressant att se första inslaget i detta France 24-klipp från förra veckan, om Alitalias sista flygning.
Jag är lite fascinerad av kraven från de f.d. Alitalia-anställda i den demonstration som visas i reportaget: alla 10500 ska återanställas i det nya ITA snarare än bara de planerade 2800! Kanske är jag alldeles för marknadsliberal, hårdhudad och nordeuropeisk i mitt tänkande, men hur tänkte de att ett betydligt mindre bolag skulle kunna återanställa alla från det större och kroniskt olönsamma bolaget? Visst är det tråkigt när folk förlorar jobbet, och det känns säkert värre att förlora jobbet från vad som en gång i tiden var mer av ett "glamouryrke". Men det brukar väl inte vara så svårt för de flesta att motvilligt acceptera att det finns någon sorts koppling mellan ett företags verksamhet och antal anställda? Eller är det bara i vissa länder den kopplingen görs?

Homer

Medlem
:rolleyes:

September 11, 2021
The EU's antitrust authorities ruled Friday that Italy's 900 million euro loans to long-struggling airline Alitalia were "illegal",
but cleared the country's new carrier to get state funding and avoid paying back the money.

“Following our in-depth investigation, we reached the conclusion that two public loans worth EUR 900 million granted by Italy to Alitalia gave the company an unfair advantage over its competitors, in breach of EU State aid rules,” said EU competition chief Margrethe Vestager said in a statement.

“They must now be recovered by Italy from Alitalia to help restore a level playing field in the European aviation industry.”

But the authorities in Brussels simultaneously said new flag airline ITA – set to start flying next month – was not liable to reimburse the money and that 1.35 billion euros being injected into the firm by Rome did not breach state aid rules.

EU finds Italy’s Alitalia loans ‘illegal’ but airline free to keep money
EU Rules Alitalia's €900m Loans Are Illegal - Simple Flying

Homer

Medlem
Imponerande hur italienarna har tricksat för att i slutändan kunna använda statliga pengar för att finansiera ett flygbolag som heter Alitalia.

Alitalia 2.0 (eller är det 3.0 ?) är ju inte med i någon allians så statusen har ju de flesta begränsad användning för.

Fast nu är de det :oops:

AMSTERDAM, 29 October 2021 – SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, has welcomed ITA Airways – Italy’s new national carrier – into the alliance, replacing Alitalia. With ITA Airways on board, SkyTeam’s 700 million customers will continue to enjoy seamless connections to key destinations across Italy.
Alitalia ceased operations on 14 October and left the SkyTeam global airline alliance on the same date. SkyTeam has agreed with Alitalia Loyalty to continue the partnership that will enable the six million members of the MilleMiglia frequent flyer program to earn and redeem miles on selected SkyTeam members’ flights, offering a wealth of opportunities and exclusive services.

ITA Airways is also working closely with SkyTeam and its members to roll out SkyTeam-branded benefits that customers enjoy across the alliance, including priority airport services.

Alitalia successor ITA Airways joins SkyTeam alliance | Travel Weekly
ITA Airways Join SkyTeam - LoyaltyLobby

Homer

Medlem
ITA Airways: All about the new Italian airline | CNN Travel

Italy's new national airline, ITA Airways, launched on Friday with a promise to bring pride back to its national flag carrier, after Alitalia, Italy's legacy airline, went bankrupt and ceased operations a day earlier.

Tja, de har spenderat 100 miljoner kr på något de säger de inte tänker använda.

The news that the company would keep its original name of ITA Airways surprised many who assumed it would want to keep the Alitalia brand going.
In documents filed to the US Department of Transport to request permission to fly there, it admitted plans to acquire the Alitalia brand name.
And the night before the airline launch, it was announced that it had bought the Alitalia name for €90 million ($104 million),
leading many to speculate that the new airline would, essentially, be the old one.
However, Altavilla said there had never been any question of branding the airline as Alitalia.
"In my head it's always been ITA Airways," he said.
"But we were always very clear not just that we wanted to buy the Alitalia brand, but that we needed to.
Not least for marketing reasons -- the Italian brand couldn't belong to anyone else except the national flag carrier."

ITA spends €90 million to buy Alitalia brand, but won't use it - Aviation24.be

Toppen