Senaste nytt

IAG förvärvar Air Europa

MTheC

Medlem
Då kan vi nog glömma att de är intreserad av Norwegian
Tror nog inte det är avskrivet, ett förvärv av Norwegian skulle vara ett väldigt bra komplement. Tror mer att det är prislappen som varit problemet där. Hoppas faktiskt att de köper Norwegian, skulle vara bra med en annan allians som stor aktör på den skandinaviska marknaden.

Homer

Medlem
IAG skulle få 72,9% (Vueling, Iberia, Air Europa) av den Spanska inrikesmarknaden, som f.ö. är den i särklass största i Västeuropa.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Agö

Medlem
IAG skulle få 72,9% (Vueling, Iberia, Air Europa) av den Spanska inrikesmarknaden, som f.ö. är den i särklass största i Västeuropa.
Och monopol på Europas mest trafikerade linje, Madrid-Barcelona. Där flyger endast Iberia, Vueling och Air Europa. 19000 årliga flighter. Blir en spännande konkurrensprövning detta.

Homer

Medlem
Spain agrees €475m Air Europa aid package | News | Flight Global

Chief executive Luis Gallego, speaking during a third-quarter briefing on 30 October, said the company would “like to do this deal” because it would be “very positive” for customers and the group.

But the company was working with the Spanish government, he said, on a package of measures intended to support Air Europa.

“We’re waiting to see this package and the conditions attached,” says Gallego. “Then we’ll continue negotiations to see if we can close under the new situation.”

Homer

Medlem
Föga förvånande så har EU Kommissionen invändningar

Mergers: proposed acquisition of Air Europa by IAG

“The Commission is concerned that the proposed transaction could significantly reduce competition on 70 origin and destination (O&D) city pairs within and to/from Spain, on which both airlines offer direct services. On some routes, IAG and Air Europa have been the only two airlines operating.

The Commission is also concerned about the effect of the proposed transaction on routes on which other airlines rely on Air Europa’s domestic and short-haul network for their own operations at the Madrid airport and a number of other EU airports. Without Air Europa’s feeder traffic, some airlines may decide to terminate their services to international destinations also served by IAG, reducing choice for travellers.

At this stage, the Commission found that competition from other airlines, including from European low-cost carriers would likely not provide a sufficient constraint on the merged entity on the routes where it would hold high market shares. Similarly, the competitive pressure of European network airlines or Latin American airlines appears insufficient.”

Toppen