Senaste nytt

Giver du drikkepenge ("dricks") i loungen?

Jag brukar lämna 1-2$/€ per drink i baren beroende på vilken drink det handlar om.

Lämnar inte dricks när det gäller något simpelt som öl, vin m.m men drinkar som tar några minuter att göra i ordning så tycker jag absolut man ska lämna lite dricks.

Take care, fly safe & enjoy life!

Adios!

Last edited:

Homer

Medlem
Finns en lång tråd i Unites FT forum

Tipping in Polaris lounge - FlyerTalk Forums

Wikiposten:
Tips are not expected in Polaris lounges, but employees are allowed to accept them.

Polaris employees are explicitly recruited to "non-tipping" positions

they were told not to expect any tips but be appreciative of what they do get and quickly pocket them; they don't want loose bills or a tip jar in sight to give the idea that tipping is expected.

Bra summering av en låååång tråd :)

Let me just sum up this thread so we can truncate it:

(1) The position is listed as non-tipped
(2) Everything in the lounge is complementary, including sit-down meal service, because you bought an expensive ticket and this is part of it.
(3) United removed the tip jar
(4) You don't tip FAs who serve you food and drink, and this is kind of similar
(5) You see others not tip

but

(6) You might feel the workers are underpaid
(7) You just bought a $9k ticket so you can afford a few bucks to a poor service worker
(8) You're used to tipping in the U.S. for served drinks and food, so it feels weird not to
(9) You see others tipping.

Seems pretty straight forward to me:
tip if you want to, don't feel like you "have" to the same way one "has" to at a U.S. restaurant, and of course you certainly don't have to.

Bengalen

Medlem
Jag är på väg hem från Portland med Alaska via Seattle till Helsinki på Finnair. Alaska har en fin lille lounge i Portland med bemannat bar.

Här finns ett skylt i baren ’no tipping please’ - då gör man kanske inte det!

Var där i torsdags, budskapet är tydligt.

87B9FE68-C11C-4D87-9CB7-A3F40FBACF05.jpeg

Jannes

Medlem
United Loungen i LHR T2 hade framme en dricksskål. Kändes smått jobbigt då jag hade exakt 0 sedlar eller ens mynd.

Johan Gott

Medlem
Finns en lång tråd i Unites FT forum

Tipping in Polaris lounge - FlyerTalk Forums

Wikiposten:
Tips are not expected in Polaris lounges, but employees are allowed to accept them.

Polaris employees are explicitly recruited to "non-tipping" positions

they were told not to expect any tips but be appreciative of what they do get and quickly pocket them; they don't want loose bills or a tip jar in sight to give the idea that tipping is expected.

Bra summering av en låååång tråd :)

Let me just sum up this thread so we can truncate it:

(1) The position is listed as non-tipped
(2) Everything in the lounge is complementary, including sit-down meal service, because you bought an expensive ticket and this is part of it.
(3) United removed the tip jar
(4) You don't tip FAs who serve you food and drink, and this is kind of similar
(5) You see others not tip

but

(6) You might feel the workers are underpaid
(7) You just bought a $9k ticket so you can afford a few bucks to a poor service worker
(8) You're used to tipping in the U.S. for served drinks and food, so it feels weird not to
(9) You see others tipping.

Seems pretty straight forward to me:
tip if you want to, don't feel like you "have" to the same way one "has" to at a U.S. restaurant, and of course you certainly don't have to.

Tack @Homer för ett väldigt bra inlägg.

Vid senaste besöket i Polarisloungen hälsade hovmästaren vänligt men bestämt "everything is complimentary, but tips are not included".

United Loungen i LHR T2 hade framme en dricksskål. Kändes smått jobbigt då jag hade exakt 0 sedlar eller ens mynd.

Vid mitt besök i Polarisloungen på EWR i våras hade jag också 0 kontanter på fickan. Efter lunchen i restaurangen sa jag till servitören att jag tyckte maten var väldigt god. Då log han, tackade och sa att det går bra att dricksa om man vill. Jag är ingen person som gillar att ge dricks men hade gjort det i detta fall om jag kunnat.

Toppen