Senaste nytt

Loungerenoveringar i Helsingfors

gusten

Medlem
Du kan ju besöka loungen i Schengen-området. Den är renoverad och dessutom ganska tom på kvällen när sista vågen lämnat.

Absolut! Men är stamkund i den sedan länge och hade sett fram emot något nytt med non-S. Nåja - det blir säkert bra ändå, även om cateringen i Finnair loungerna inte alltid är på topp.

JonW

Medlem
Here´s the first report from the all new Platinum Lounge that finally opened today: (Sorry for the english but I´m sure everyone can understand.)

Actually I had no clue when I checked in at the old non-Schengen lounge today, but after seven months or so of constructions and numerous delays I asked if there was now an opening date announced.
- It´s actually the first opening in about half an hour, sir! was the surprising answer.

Of course, I was hanging on the door when it finally opened at 12:30, so I was one of the very first guests in the lounge and even received a present as a memory.
Still builders and cleaners at work with the fine tuning..
Definitely they upped their game, havn´t seen anything in Europe like it:

First a very nice and spacious bar area, with top shelf liquor like Hendrick´s, and rose champagne (same brand though...).
Also innovative offerings like champagne with water melon foam. but maybe that was for today only.

After that some quite private "shell chairs" at the right hand wall.
In the centre, round dining room tables offering a la carte meals, quite limited offerings though, one meat, one fish and one vegetarian + two fruit desserts.
At the back, a buffé with quite some selection of hot and cold stuff, included hand peeled shrimps, soups, salmon, pork, fish etc..
Unfortunately, AY now seems to go over the top with the slow cooking. Today I first tried some slow cooked pork from the buffé, then ordered the beef cheek from the a la carte meny, only to be served a slow cooked beef neck onboard... :-(
I don´t eat fish, but it looked like the same issue there.

Then a round dessert table. It looked very nice at first, but at a closer inspection it only offered the similar small bites that´s been offered at the two other AY lounges for quite some time now.
However the cheese offerings looked much better than before.

To the left of the buffé there was a huge lounge area behind a long dark curtain, with some view over the piers. Looked nice and relaxed with cosy laidback chairs.

And to the left of the entrance where the bathrooms etc. A new thing here was that there were separate changing/shower areas for gents and ladies.
But the sauna was still shared. By some strange reason, the ladies hadn´t felt comfortable with showering in the open outside the old sauna I was told...
There should also be some relax rooms in this area, but I had no time to visit those. Hopefully, they will now offer flat beds instead of the extremely curved ones in the old premium lounge.

To sum it up, a very nice lounge that can compete with almost anything I´ve seen.
But they should really make sure the a la carte offerings vary more from the buffé + offer more sophisticated desserts.

niksal

Medlem
Efter att ha upplevt Platinum Wing idag, så kan jag bara säga att nu har Finnair träffat rätt. Mycket imponerande lounge! Lugn stämning tack vare ljud-dämpande material. Bra frukost som kan konkurrera med många hotellfrukostar. Kock som lagar omelett på beställning. Ser fram emot att få testa baren och bastun vid ett annat tillfälle.

Det verkade även finnas en ny business-del, men hörde att den expanderas senare i sommar. Om jag hörde rätt kunde den ta 450 personer när den är färdig.

AABack2ARN

Medlem
Håller med. Vilket lyft :)

Nu har Finnair gått från vitare än vitt till ganska murriga blå färger i delar av loungen men det gör det bara bättre tycker jag. Trevlig personal som verkligen gillade att jobba där.

Toppen