Senaste nytt

Lufthansa bjuder på 10 000 status miles på grund av strejker

Senator

Fick ett passande email från Lufthansa idag. Jag saknar 11 693 miles för min Senatorstatus, och hade planerat flyga ihop detta med en 5 segments D-klass resa helgen 18-20 december. Nu blir detta enklare med en enklare resa :). Dock tråkigt att det har blivit såhär för alla resenärer..

Dear Mr Senator,

This year has been characterised by the completion of long-term projects which will offer you more comfort across the board on your journeys with Lufthansa. For example, you will now find the newest cabin facilities in all classes on our entire long haul fleet. Another milestone is the introduction of Premium Economy Class, which now offers even more comfort to even more customers. However, today I would also like to address those matters which have undoubtedly caused you some inconvenience and irritation.

That is because this year has also been characterised by pay disputes with the pilots’ and flight attendants’ unions. Our flights have been disrupted by strike action on 18 days so far, which must have had a serious impact on your travel planning. Even though we have done everything possible to keep the effects on our passengers to a minimum, this is not the standard of quality and reliability that you have come to expect from us. I greatly regret this and would like to apologise to you on behalf of the Lufthansa Board for any adverse effects these strikes may have had on your arrangements.

I owe it to you to explain our position in this situation. As the Lufthansa Board we are responsible for securing our company's long term competitiveness. This requires us to pursue pay negotiations to an acceptable conclusion, so that we can continue to invest in our product and services for your benefit and that of all our customers.

Given your tightly packed travel routine, it is essential that you can rely on us at all times. We are very aware of this. But we also know how important it is for you to retain your Senator status with all the associated privileges and amenities you can make use of when you travel. To support you here, over the next few days we will be crediting the one off amount of 10,000 status miles to the mileage accounts of all Miles & More members with Senator status for 2015. You will also receive the same amount of select miles.

Obviously, a lump sum solution like this cannot compensate for every difficulty caused by the recent events. Perhaps you have already taken other steps to maintain your status. Nevertheless, I hope you will understand that this is the quickest and most pragmatic way we can provide a satisfactory solution for the majority of our status customers.

Please accept my sincere thanks for your loyalty in these challenging times!

Yours sincerely,

Jens Bischof
Chief Commercial Officer
Lufthansa German Airlines

MarcusC

Medlem
Fick detta mail också, tacksamt då även jag saknar ca 12000 miles för förnyad status.

Last edited:

HON-II

Medlem
Blev det plus eller minus för din del? :) Alltså, bokade du färre resor med dem i år pga strejkerna, eller var det detsamma?

Egentligen inte så stor skillnad. Jag blev ombokad på en hel del LX flyg vid long-haul, så det går ju in i samma pott. Detta var ofta förenat med C till F uppgraderingar, vilket alltid är ett trevligt plåster på såren. Undantaget är den långa perioden i slutet av november, då jag undvek LH. Flög en hel del med SQ, JL och CX istället.

Toppen