Senaste nytt

Air Canada LHR to YOW and back in J (International Business Class)

This is my virgin experience with Air Canada. As they say, there is always the first time! Privileged to be flying in the International Business Class rather than coach.

I was on my way to Ottawa. The flight was AC 889, from LHR to YOW. This would be a 7 hour flight across the Atlantic Ocean. Earlier that morning, I had arrived in LHR from Singapore on Singapore Airlines. I had some time to kill at LHR Terminal 2 and I visited the lounges.

This is my flight review video of the Air Canada LHR-YOW

I also dropped by the Maple Leaf Lounge at LHR, where I had a Canadian Molson

Some pictures from the flight.

I chose Seat 8A for this flight. It is a 1-1-1 formation.
w7mvti.jpg

Passengers were boarding the aircraft. There was only one door opened, so all passengers walked through the Business Class cabin.
68segw.jpg

Another look at the cabin from my seat, which was rather private.
addsm8.jpg

Stretching out my legs.
2nlbi9v.jpg

As the plane was taxi-ing to the runway, we passed by this SQ Aircraft - 9V-SWG.
9zy1w7.jpg

In the air, I used the blanket to cover my legs. The blanket was fairly warm, but not very soft.
2e4koz7.jpg

A picture down the aisle of the cabin.
o57qty.jpg

The business class cabin was slightly under half full. I counted 11 pax (out of 24 seats). Service was quick. We started with warm nuts and a drink. I asked for gin and tonic.
2uorhw1.jpg

The main meal commenced. The salad and appetizer were served together.
d9s81.jpg

For my main course, I opted for the lamb, which turned out to be very good. I think lamb works well on a plane.
357pox3.jpg

I had a cheese plate and ice-cream dessert thereafter. Even though this was a day flight out of LHR, I was feeling tired (having just flown SIN-LHR) and I decided to get some rest. It was easy to change the seat into a bed. Just press one button.
30c4z92.jpg

I woke up about 2 hours before landing and another light meal was served before landing.

Overall, it was a decent flight. The product is old but functional. I slept quite well. Service was attentive, maybe because there were so few pax in the cabin, the crew could shower more attention on the rest of us.

Thanks for reading.

chazzie

Medlem
I've been looking at the Air Canada business class for my upcoming award travel, however right now I'm aiming for the Lufthansa First Class instead, but this is my secondary option, should the Lufthansa First not be possible for whatever reason.

Very nice report indeed, it seems like Air Canada can deliver!

I've been looking at the Air Canada business class for my upcoming award travel, however right now I'm aiming for the Lufthansa First Class instead, but this is my secondary option, should the Lufthansa First not be possible for whatever reason.

Very nice report indeed, it seems like Air Canada can deliver!

The trip experience was quite good. Thanks for watching!

SvartMjolk

Medlem
Thanks for another great trip report. I really like your videos. And please, keep the videos of Singapore coming as well. Singapore is one of my favorite cities!

Toppen