Senaste nytt

Singapore Airlines SQ 305 New Business Class London to Singapore

Singapore Airlines SQ 305 New Business Class

Singapore Airlines, SQ 305, London to Singapore on a Boeing 777-300ER, New Business Class. I was on my way home.

This is the flight review video

Read on for pictures and the review.

Singapore Airlines departs from London Heathrow Terminal 2, the brand new Queen's Terminal. I had some hours of layover, as I was connecting from Canada.

At the gates, I almost could't recognize the Boeing 777-300ER, as it was painted in the Star Alliance livery and not the traditional Singapore Airlines livery.
zugock.jpg

After spending some time at the United Club lounge as well as the SilverKris Lounge. Check out my reviews of the lounges in a later thread. Before I boarded, I walked the length of Terminal 2B and here are pictures of two interesting aircraft I saw.

This was Air New Zealand, in Hobbit livery. Very cool!
wrh01z.jpg

United metal. Is this an Airbus A350? I'm not sure.
533ebc.jpg

I boarded the SQ plane about 30 minutes before departure. Looking forward to it, as this was my first time in the New Business Class. The new product did not disappoint. The J cabin felt very private and even luxurious. The fittings were new and the seat felt very comfortable. The J cabin was full.

I was in seat 17A, window seat. The screen is definitely bigger now, compared to the older Business Class product. However, it is not a touch-screen.
4hfntj.jpg

The new business class cabin felt even more private, compared to the older business class cabin. I actually felt small sitting in the cabin, as if enclosed by a large personal space. Not sure how this was done but one observation is that the partitions seem to be higher, making the feel more exclusive. In terms of absolute space, it would be the same as the older business class cabin.
t7op68.jpg

Here are the seat control buttons and other buttons. Many more buttons to fiddle around with.
2d4551.jpg

This was a Boeing 777-300ER (in Star Alliance livery).
211jhqg.jpg

This is what the J cabin looks like. I am standing in my seat as I take this photo. It certainly looks very private, doesn't it?
65r3mc.jpg

This is the view from my seat, 17A. Pretty good view. The aircraft was turning onto Runway 27L for takeoff. I see a concorde in the background left.
nl4rr7.jpg

[to be continued]

The flight departed on time. This is the menu. Lunch would be served shortly after take-off and breakfast would be served before landing. Sorry, I don't know how to make it upright. Got to crane your neck to read this.

Lunch - London to Singapore. For mains, there were a whopping four choices. There was beef, char siew rice, grilled corn fed chicken breast and braised cod fillet with laksa gravy and steamed rice. I didn't have any of these as I had booked the cook for the Lobster Thermidor. More on that later.
72x73q.jpg

Light Bites. Notice, they offered an English Tea Service, which came with scones, open faced sandwiches and mini-pastry. I was keen to try this. Alas, I didn't get a chance because I had a very good sleep after lunch. When I woke up, it was time for breakfast. Oh well.
2lc7nkp.jpg

Breakfast. Three choices for the main. An Indian dish (Thosai Masala), French Toast and Mushroom Omelette.
21cwi0p.jpg

Shot of the screen. We had just taken off. 46 Mil from London. A 12 hour journey to Singapore, from London.
fvk5eh.jpg

Looking around, I found a nice resting place for my companion droids. They don't need much in terms of sustenance. They just like a good view.
2en8d8j.jpg

Took out the Phitek Noise Cancellation headphones. They worked very well.
30nkvfo.jpg

For drinks, I started with the Singapore Sling. Somehow, I always ask for this drink when flying SQ.
m7rl0m.jpg

Shortly after, the stewardess came around with a trolley of satay. Satay was served. It was delicious!! Thick pieces of juicy lamb and chicken meat. The satay sauce tasted wonderful too.
35ks6sy.jpg

I got three sticks of satay and my droids had to come take a closer look. Sorry, peanut sauce ain't good for your circuitry.
2mnodhc.jpg

My main meal was the Lobster Thermidor, which I had ordered online using the Book the Cook service. Here is the Lobster. The presentation was beautiful, and different from the Lobster Thermidor that I had previously tried when flying out of Singapore. I guess, they come from different kitchens, and therefore they are prepared differently. I think the Lobster from the London kitchen is bigger, with much more meat! (Watch the video)
2iu445d.jpg

About 2 hours since we took off. I see Helsinki. Maybe I should visit Finland. I am sure it is a fun place to visit.
33wuoev.jpg

Here is a picture of the seat in bed mode. After a good lunch, I felt very sleepy. So I converted the seat into bed mode and it was time to get some much-needed rest.
fvz31y.jpg

A duvet blanket was provided, and it was very comfortable indeed.
2v7w26o.jpg

I had a good 7 hours plus of sleep. The flight was very smooth all the way back to Singapore. When I woke up, the flight had under 2 hours to go. Flight attendants were already preparing for the breakfast service.
24n2mbc.jpg

I considered converting the bed back into seat mode for breakfast, but I was simply too lazy. I knew that it was possible to have breakfast when the seat was still in bed mode, and what was what I did. You can see the breakfast laid out here - my breakfast in bed!
2exn90h.jpg

We landed in Singapore on schedule, and our plane pulled up right next to another SQ plane in Star Alliance livery. What a coincidence. I wonder how many SQ planes have been painted in this livery, instead of the traditional SQ look.
2h69gz4.jpg

Overall, it was a very pleasant flight, in the New Business Class cabin. Pity, I didn't get a chance to try the english tea service. It wasn't the fault of SQ. I was happily sleeping. Next time!

Toppen