Senaste nytt

IAG försöker köpa Aer Lingus & Qatar Airways köper 10% av IAG

AABack2ARN

Medlem
Intressant (under förutsättning att köpet går igenom). Tror ni de bli fullvärdiga medlemmar i oneworld? Och kan det då medföra några roliga alternativ? Nyttja US preclearance i Dublin kanske?

Homer

Medlem
Ryan äger 1/3 och har försökt ta över hela bolaget utan framgång

Mergers: Commission prohibits Ryanair's proposed takeover of Aer Lingus
The combination of Ryanair and Aer Lingus would have led to very high market shares on all of these 46 routes:
On 28 routes the proposed merger would have created an outright monopoly.
On 11 further routes, the only alleged competitive constraint to the merged entity would have come from charter airlines. However, this constraint would have remained weak because charter airlines have a very different business model.
Finally, on 7 routes Ryanair and Aer Lingus operate alongside other scheduled carriers. In addition to their very high market shares Ryanair and Aer Lingus are very close competitors - if not each other's closest competitors – on these routes. The reason is that the business model of competing scheduled operators tends to focus on bringing connecting passengers to their own network hubs - typical examples are British Airways (to London Heathrow), Lufthansa (to Frankfurt) and Air France (to Paris Charles de Gaulle) – as opposed to the point-to-point connections that Ryanair and Aer Lingus offer.

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Mergers: Commission prohibits Ryanair's proposed takeover of Aer Lingus

Agö

Medlem
Ryan äger 1/3 och har försökt ta över hela bolaget utan framgång

Mergers: Commission prohibits Ryanair's proposed takeover of Aer Lingus
The combination of Ryanair and Aer Lingus would have led to very high market shares on all of these 46 routes:
On 28 routes the proposed merger would have created an outright monopoly.
On 11 further routes, the only alleged competitive constraint to the merged entity would have come from charter airlines. However, this constraint would have remained weak because charter airlines have a very different business model.
Finally, on 7 routes Ryanair and Aer Lingus operate alongside other scheduled carriers. In addition to their very high market shares Ryanair and Aer Lingus are very close competitors - if not each other's closest competitors – on these routes. The reason is that the business model of competing scheduled operators tends to focus on bringing connecting passengers to their own network hubs - typical examples are British Airways (to London Heathrow), Lufthansa (to Frankfurt) and Air France (to Paris Charles de Gaulle) – as opposed to the point-to-point connections that Ryanair and Aer Lingus offer.

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Mergers: Commission prohibits Ryanair's proposed takeover of Aer Lingus
Föremål för prövning i brittisk domstol för tillfället. Mkt spännande case för den som sysslar med sådan juridik.

Tockstew

Medlem
Med 30% ägarandel har väl Ryan Air styrelserepresentation i Aer Lingus och då styrelsen i Aer Lingus (som det verkar) reservationslöst stödrer budet borde väl saken vara biff?

Toppen