Senaste nytt

Östra Schweiz specillitet i First class & Business class på utvalda SWISS flygningar

Dr. Miles

Expert
Fr o m march (redan nu) erbjuder SWISS östra Schweiz speciallitet i First class och i Business class på long haul flygningar som avgår från Schweiz samt utvalda flygningar inom Europa.
Detta är i samarbete med restaurangen Truube i Gais, östra Schweiz.

06.03.2014 SWISS welcomes the Appenzellerland aboard

SWISS skrev:
Specialities from the Appenzellerland of Eastern Switzerland will be served to premium customers on SWISS’s outbound long-haul services and selected European flights from early March. The latest chapter in the airline’s award-winning “SWISS Taste of Switzerland” inflight culinary programme offers creations from the Truube Restaurant in Gais, Canton Appenzell, while the May “SWISS Traditions” feature will focus on the local Alpaufzug custom.

SWISS has teamed up with Silvia Manser of the Truube Restaurant in Gais in Eastern Switzerland to present selected culinary specialities from the local Appenzellerland aboard its flights from early March to early June. In line with the spring season, Manser – who has 15 GaultMillau points to her name – has come up with some simple but highly original meals using top local produce which will be offered to SWISS First and SWISS Business travellers on long-haul flights from Switzerland.

First Class customers will enjoy such delights as wild garlic soup with veal sweetbreads, seared loin and braised cheek of veal, and a blueberry slice with chocolate crumble and Appenzeller beer ice cream, while Business Class travellers can look forward to fera trout fillet with orange sauce and Appenzeller Biber mousse with pear compote and coulis. The meals are accompanied by various regional cheeses including Säntis Bergkäse, Urnäscher Edelweiss and the world-famous Appenzeller Extra. And the beverage selection features some fine local wines along with the region’s best-known beer, “Quöllfrisch”, which SWISS has been offering in all cabins and on all its flights for some years now. On ultra-long-haul services (such as to San Francisco and Los Angeles) the Quöllfrisch will even be served fresh from the tap between now and June.

In addition to its culinary specialities, Switzerland’s Appenzellerland is further renowned for its beautiful scenery and for its age-old customs and traditions. And SWISS will be celebrating one of the latter, too, by offering special meals to Business Class travellers on selected European services between 7 and 20 May. To mark the annual Alpaufzug, when the local cattle are taken up to their summer mountain pastures, the airline will serve its premium European guests such delicacies as a dried-meat-and-Appenzeller-cheese carpaccio with cabbage salad or a Landsgemeinde steak with bread-and-apple Öpfelröschti and chard gratin. The meals here are rounded off with a Biberfladen mousse.

SWISS20140306_1.jpg
SWISS20140306_2.jpg
SWISS20140306_3.jpg
(Foto: SWISS Press Release)

Toppen