Senaste nytt

Embargo till Kuba via USA, ett minne blott snart?

Dr. Miles

Expert
Obama to announce major Cuba policy overhaul; prisoners swapped| Reuters
Reuters skrev:
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:08am EST

(Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama was set to announce a shift in policy toward Cuba on Wednesday and the Associated Press reported the changes would include the opening of an embassy in Cuba and the start of talks to normalize relations.
Obama was due to make a statement at noon (1700 GMT) on Cuba, the White House said, and a U.S. official said Obama would announce a shift in Cuba policy. Cuban President Raul Castro was also set to make a statement at that time.

Citing U.S. officials, the AP said Washington planned to open an embassy in Cuba as part of its plan to launch talks and normalize relations.

Just nu går det inte att flyga till Kuba med amerikanskt flygbolag eller via USA (det verkar dock finnas charterflyg mellan USA och Kuba) pga USA:s embargo mot Kuba, men det kanske snart blir ett minne blott.

AABack2ARN

Medlem
Det verkar gå en hel del flyg mellan Florida och Kuba. Senast jag flög från FLL var det tre eller fyra plan från AA som skulle avgå till just Kuba och undrade hur i hela friden det kunde få ske. Gate-agenten sa att det var "vanligt" med plan till Kuba.

NyfikenGrau

Medlem
Det verkar gå en hel del flyg mellan Florida och Kuba. Senast jag flög från FLL var det tre eller fyra plan från AA som skulle avgå till just Kuba och undrade hur i hela friden det kunde få ske. Gate-agenten sa att det var "vanligt" med plan till Kuba.

Tror det är exilkubaner, har hört att de har "dispens".
Väldigt bra nyheter hur som helst.

Homer

Medlem
Lär inte handla om några jättelika förändringar till att börja med i alla fall.

While only Congress can formally overturn the five decades-long embargo,
the White House has some authorities to liberalize trade and travel to the island.

The 1996 Helms-Burton Act, which enshrined the embargo into legislation, allows for the President to extend general or specific licenses through a presidential determination, which could be justified as providing support for the Cuban people or democratic change in Cuba.

Historic overhaul; Cuba releases American - CNN.com

Kricka

Medlem
Det har fungerat att resa mellan Cuba och USA i snart 20 år men man kallar det
för "charter". Problemet är väl nu som då att "vanliga" kubaner inte får resa ?

Toppen