Senaste nytt

FAA groundar samtliga 787:or

Mickey

Medlem
Läste precis att amerikanska FAA har groundat samtliga 787:eek:r tills vidare för att säkerhetsställa att det inte råder några problem med litiumbatterierna.

Länk: http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/faa-orders-787-grounding-until-battery-problem-fixed-381144/

PYRZ

Medlem
Det var en tidsfråga innan detta skulle ske. Strulen de senaste dagarna har väl berott på batterierna så lika bra att få det dubbelkollat. Frågan är hur de andra länderna gör...

Alf

Medlem
Det var en tidsfråga innan detta skulle ske. Strulen de senaste dagarna har väl berott på batterierna så lika bra att få det dubbelkollat. Frågan är hur de andra länderna gör...

Nu gäller ju FAA direktiv endast de B787 som är registrerade i USA. Eftersom det är FAA som certifierat flygplanet borde ju samtliga länders tillsynsmyndigheter följa detta direktiv, Japan verkar ju redan gjort det. Själv tycker jag det är ett svaghetstecken i kvaliten att få strul med batteri i ett flygplan. Detta är det man tittar mycket på eftersom de flesta typer av batteri kan ge upphov till läckage och i sin tur brand ombord och det är något av det sämsta som kan hända ombord. Det är bättre att få motorbortfall så länge det är på en motor.

Kebalibre

Medlem
Samma med QR.

QATAR AIRWAYS STATEMENT ON BOEING 787s

Following instructions by both the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States and Qatar’s Civil Aviation Authority, Qatar Airways is implementing the Airworthiness Directive issued by the FAA for all operators of the Boeing 787 to ground the aircraft, effective today 17 January 2013.

Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said: “I previously stated that Qatar Airways will only stop operating our Dreamliners if we receive such an instruction from regulators.

“Safety remains the number one priority for Qatar Airways. We ensure all our aircraft meet the most stringent safety standards and this will not be compromised in any way.

“In light of recent events surrounding the Boeing 787 Dreamliner worldwide, we are actively working with Boeing and the regulators to restore full customer confidence in the 787.

“Qatar Airways will resume 787 operations when we are clear that the aircraft meets the full requirements of the Airworthiness Directive and our standards which assure the safety of our passengers and crew at all times.

So we are not flying the aircraft until and only such a time this is achieved.

“Qatar Airways would like to express our sincere apologies to passengers booked on our 787 flights, but we are sure they will understand our concerns in view of recent events with other 787 operators around the world.

Our staff are assisting all affected passengers to be accommodated on other flights to get them to their final destination with minimum inconvenience.”

Qatar Airways currently has five Boeing 787-8 aircraft in its fleet.

palmen

Undrar vad DY/DU gjort i samma situation om de haft några 787or som gick på longhaul i dagsläget.
Dom har ju lite problem att få fram andra flygplan.

Toppen