Senaste nytt

Uppgradering till First på Lufthansa för en person i sällskapet

Two weeks ago I flew business from Stockholm to Cape Town with Lufthansa. We were 6 persons flying together on 2 different bookings. When flying home from Cape Town a person in my group got upgraded to First Class which was great for him. He was a gold member in Eurobonus. I am a diamond member and was not upgraded... Feels a bit strange being a loyal member of Star Alliance when the system doesn't work... Cause that's the purpose of this loyalty system, right?!

palmen

Two weeks ago I flew business from Stockholm to Cape Town with Lufthansa. We were 6 persons flying together on 2 different bookings. When flying home from Cape Town a person in my group got upgraded to First Class which was great for him. He was a gold member in Eurobonus. I am a diamond member and was not upgraded... Feels a bit strange being a loyal member of Star Alliance when the system doesn't work... Cause that's the purpose of this loyalty system, right?!
Eurobonus Gold and Eurobonus Diamond are booth considered to be Star Alliance Gold member status. Since you booth have the same Star Alliance membership level I don't see anything strange with this.
If he was Eurobonus Silver and you were Eurobonus Diamond/Gold then it would seem a bit strange to me.

Canadien

Medlem
Other aspects play a role too, if you have ordered special meak (vego/bkand/kosher e t c) then you are basically disqualifued, same if you have an infant in you reservation. Single travelers are preferred over splitting a group e t c. There are many parameters.

Other aspects play a role too, if you have ordered special meak (vego/bkand/kosher e t c) then you are basically disqualifued, same if you have an infant in you reservation. Single travelers are preferred over splitting a group e t c. There are many parameters.
I had no infant and just had the ordinary meal, no special requests.

In my reservation we were 2 people. In his reservations they were 4 people. All of us were in business.

So if Gold and Diamond are considered the same at all airlines within Star Alliance except SAS, then I need to ask myself if it's worth striving for... right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Canadien

Medlem
Many airlines have a top tier that gives extra benefits when flying the home airline, but with partners it is just recognized as normal alliance top-tier.

palmen

So if Gold and Diamond are considered the same at all airlines within Star Alliance except SAS, then I need to ask myself if it's worth striving for... right?
If you are going to fly a lot on other star alliance airlines, there isn't much benefits for status above gold. But if you plan to fly SAS you'll have benefits of Diamond status. It's only on SAS the Diamond perks will kick in.

Toppen