Senaste nytt

The Big Win: MMX-ARN-FRA-LAX-PHX-SEA-YVR-SEA-LHR-ARN incl. LH F, US F, BA J..

Concorde

Founding Member
4sBuzKD.gif

Flyertalk alltså? Vad tror Redax? Dags att ta hand om denna femtekolonare?
Nä men skämt åsido... Lysande rapport!

Roligaste giffen jag någonsin sett!

Petrus/Concorde same dude. Som grundare av BC.se ger Redax mig en del slack, typ ;)

Concorde

Founding Member
More driving and YVR:

1jdb.jpg

The Wheels:

pza3.jpg

4mcj.jpg

Approaching YVR (Excitement factor increasing)
2nd83.jpg

0ii3.jpg

bdq8.jpg

4rza.jpg

am9u.jpg

y2ic.jpg

dwcd.jpg

khjo.jpg

This hotel is special as 5 years ago we started our honeymoon here before heading east into the Rockies for some serious Champagne Powder.
r4uq.jpg

5gld.jpg

sl9h.jpg

do36.jpg

pkof.jpg

US Border not remotely as pleasant as the Canadian. 2 hour wait or so...

2haj.jpg

xojm.jpg

n80l.jpg

kiwz.jpg

Concorde

Founding Member
Continued below:

Entering The USA:
h63v.jpg

Scenic drive south:
6oav.jpg

I stopped at Alderwood Mall on the way up and Premium Outlets on the way back. The latter was a disappointment I thought with not that much Premium stuff, especially compared to the Woodbury Common outlet where one can find real bargains on high-end stuff.
In Seattle I would be staying at the only proper IHG hotel in Down Town which was the CP, arriving Friday afternoon for 3 nights. This would clear my 3 city stay for the promo. Hotel was ok but nothing special with a little dated rooms. Reception claimed I was given an upgrade, but I had already booked and exec. room and this also appeared exec. But they claimed the upgrade was to a higher floor... I swapped rooms after 1 night as it was rather noisy. Both rooms had nice views but the second room a better one.

First room view towards south east. That highway was busy 24/7 and a parking lot each morning and afternoon. SEA has some serious traffic...

c6qi.jpg

ve8q.jpg

Friday evening a large group of FT mods met up for drinks and dinner.
Saturday was spent at the Renaissance Hotel for the Mod DO which was as productive as ever. The Raffle is great fun with Airlines and Hotels raffling out lifetime elite statuses.... (actually not, rather we raffle out gifts from our countries).
Post Mod Do it was time for a quick shower and preparations for the evenings dinner. Great seafood place in Down Town Sea, with a few of the mods already walking sideways from pre-drinks at the Hyatt.
IB are a kind bunch and invite all mods for dinner as a thank you for us volunteering and travelling from all over the world to the do.
It was a sight to behold one certain mod hitting on one of the IB folks fiancee (truth be told, she's smokin!).
Another classic was that there was plenty of unused drinks tickets and in true Frequent Flyer fashion the bargaining with the waiters began.

"What is the cash value of a ticket?"
"X dollars, sir"
"Ok great. So a bottle of DP2004 is XXX dollars, and here I happen to have XXX dollars in Tickets."
"I'll get you a bottle of DP2004, sir".

After 5 minutes folks at another table spotted the DP and hastily inquired what has happened. I explained the procurement procedure and within 30 seconds people where running around looking and asking for unused tickets...

Sunday was spent shopping but also a second trip up to Everett. I had already been on a VIP tour in 2012 for a delivery flight as mentioned previously, but fellow mod ZOL had not been at all. So we steered the rental up north. The public tour is nice, but does obviously not compare to the VIP tours at all. First of all, in the VIP tour one is actually walking on the factory floors and cameras are allowed. Public tour is limited at the Balconies and no cameras. But still worth it of course!

Boeing:

5frh.jpg

3a6e.jpg

1j1e.jpg

hqu4.jpg

3rww.jpg

c9pg.jpg

We stopped by Bellevue Square on the way back for shopping, before heading back to Seattle. The evening was spent driving around before going up the Space Needle.

lpi3.jpg

zmoh.jpg

0obk.jpg

hc5u.jpg

wsbh.jpg

cd0s.jpg

m8ug.jpg

View from second room, rather nice.
i701.jpg

ydnu.jpg

Monday and last day some more shopping and an epic Cheesecake Factory sallad, while ZOL had a massive steak.
ci6j.jpg

Time was finally running out and it would soon be time to head back East and the Nordics. My fellow BAEC mod LTN-Phobia was on the same BA flight back to London, and actually both of us on the UD of the 747. Coming up in the next part.

Toppen