Senaste nytt

Singapore, Uniquely Singapore - videos and information

SvartMjolk

Medlem
The place is called Pei Hwa Food Center, Upper Bukit Timah Road. Unfortunately, it is out of the city and not so easily accessible at the moment. However, there is a new MRT line that would be ready soon and the new station should be called Beauty World MRT station. This food center is located just beside the upcoming MRT station. This new line should open by end of this year, i.e. Dec 2015.

Beauty World MRT Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you! Any other Hawker Centers to recommend?

Closer to town, Newton Hawker center is not bad. Very easy to get to, take the MRT to Newton, which is one stop north of Orchard. Some say it is a tourist trap, but food prices are still ok. Just make sure you agree on the price before you place the order. Also, don't order seafood if you want to avoid high prices.

I made two videos of the place.

Some food I ate that day, including char kway teow and satay.

SvartMjolk

Medlem
Closer to town, Newton Hawker center is not bad. Very easy to get to, take the MRT to Newton, which is one stop north of Orchard. Some say it is a tourist trap, but food prices are still ok. Just make sure you agree on the price before you place the order. Also, don't order seafood if you want to avoid high prices.

I made two videos of the place.

Some food I ate that day, including char kway teow and satay.

Thank you very much! :)

Sofia

Medlem
Oh I absolutely LOVE Singapore and will be there for a few days in the end of September. Any chance of an inofficial BC meeting? ;)

I will mostly hang out with my friend Gerald (local and food lover) but will for sure have time for other things, too.

Oh I absolutely LOVE Singapore and will be there for a few days in the end of September. Any chance of an inofficial BC meeting? ;)

I will mostly hang out with my friend Gerald (local and food lover) but will for sure have time for other things, too.

Welcome to Singapore! Glad that you will have a local to bring you around. That would be fun. Are you here on business or pleasure?

I made this video from the 40th storey of a public flat, in the western side of Singapore. You can see how built up (and congested) we are. And there is still more construction as the Government continues to ramp up the supply of housing in order to moderate the very high housing prices.

Sofia

Medlem
Welcome to Singapore! Glad that you will have a local to bring you around. That would be fun. Are you here on business or pleasure?
Always pleasure ;) Normally stopping by for a few days on my way to Mr. Sofia who works in Indonesia, and to meet my good friend. He loves food and has always new places to take me around to. Sometimes I worry about having to pay excess fees for myself, haha :D

Another good hawker center to go to is called Lau Pa Sat, recently renovated, it is quite an icon. This place is very busy during weekday lunch as many office workers go there. In the evenings, it is also busy, this time more with tourists and other passers-by. I didn't make a video of this place, so here is a more 'commercial' one that I found on youtube.

Toppen