Senaste nytt

Emirates från Köpenhamn

Dr. Miles

Expert
Välkommen till BusinessClass.se, Copenhagen! Det är roligt att få danska besökare hit. :)

Jeg tror der er tale om en forkert oversætning til svensk. På dansk er ordlyden fra Emirates "Nu står det største fly i Københavns Lufthavn klar til at flyve dig af sted på eventyr eller forretning. Emirates B777-300ER har plads til 428 passagerer på to klasser, og vi lover alle aldre en sjov, komfortabel og underholdende tur. Sæt kurs mod eksotiske storbyer fra DKK 4.500."

"alle aldre" på dansk kan kan på engelsk oversættes til "all ages". På svensk tror jeg det er "alla åldrar"
Tack för förklaringen. Det låter som översättningsproblem som du säger.

JohnP

Medlem
Hi and thanks for a great forum. My swedish is not that good, so I rather reply in English. However I have no problem reading Svenska.
Emirates upgrade to 777-300 DXB-CPH is not based on increased demand. Emirates recieves further discounts operating out of CPH by increasing the numbers of seats. It's a win win situation where CPH aims to stimulate growth. EK flights to CPH have usually a lot of seats empty, so it's a good alternative to other carriers as descibed in earlier posts. Qatar seems to be the leading load carrier from CPH. They are like OSL, packed on every flight.

John Pedersen
Holland

Last edited:

Dr. Miles

Expert
Välkomment till BusinessClass.se, JohnP!
Det är lite förvånande att Emirates inte kan fylla på sitt plan från Köpenhamn. Jag trodde att de var ganska aggressiv när det gäller rea ut Economy class biljetter.

Traveller

Medlem
Någon som vet vad Emitates menar med en kul och bekväm resa för oss äldre och vad innebär äldre. Citat från Emirates senaste medlemsutskick.

Bäste resenär,

Nu står det största flyget på Köpenhamns flygplats redo att ta dig dit du ska, om det så gäller äventyr eller affärer. Emirates B777-300ER rymmer 428 passagerare i två klasser, och vi lovar alla äldre en kul, bekväm och underhållande resa. Styr kosan mot en av storstäderna i öst. Från SEK 7 690.

Mr Dr Miles.. Detta kan jag berätta för dig inom kort. Mina föräldrar har just köpt en resa till Dubai och skall flyga med Emiraterna den 11 Mars. Dom är 70/77 år och jäkligt gnälliga/krävande ( :rolleyes: ) så jag tar reda på fakta.

JohnP

Medlem
Välkomment till BusinessClass.se, JohnP!
Det är lite förvånande att Emirates inte kan fylla på sitt plan från Köpenhamn. Jag trodde att de var ganska aggressiv när det gäller rea ut Economy class biljetter.

Look at the first class launch from Copenhagen. From the buzz, one of the largest bloopers of EK in Europe ever.
It did not take long before they pulled out with heavy losses and EK where not happy!

It's not performing badly, but the average load is not in line with the new capacity. I'm very confident that they will reach a higher load factor, but media tends to speak and pimp up the actual performance. It takes time and EK is still new to CPH.

JohnP
Holland

Copenhagen

Ny medlem
Hi and thanks for a great forum. My swedish is not that good, so I rather reply in English. However I have no problem reading Svenska.
Emirates upgrade to 777-300 DXB-CPH is not based on increased demand. Emirates recieves further discounts operating out of CPH by increasing the numbers of seats. It's a win win situation where CPH aims to stimulate growth. EK flights to CPH have usually a lot of seats empty, so it's a good alternative to other carriers as descibed in earlier posts. Qatar seems to be the leading load carrier from CPH. They are like OSL, packed on every flight.

John Pedersen
Holland

Welcome. I suppose you can read Danish as well :) Jeg kender ikke din kilde til ovenstående, men det er ikke korrekt at den vedvarende kapacitetsøgning som Emirates har indsat på CPH siden opstarten i august 2011, ikke har sammenhæng med stigende efterspørgsel!. Der har konstant været en stigende efterspørgel og Emirates er meget tilfredse med udviklingen af CPH ruten, herunder salget på ruten - jeg ved det da jeg er relativ tæt på denne sag :)

Hvad angår belægning så fløj Emirates i november og december med 777-300ER med en belægning på ca. 80% fra CPH. Til sammenligning så ligger Qatar i samme periode nede på omkring 70% i belægning med et mix af A332/333.

Og hvis du tror at CPH nødvendigvis er glad for skiftet fra 777-300ER 3-class med first til 777-300ER 2-class uden first og suites, så synes jeg du skulle prøve at undersøge det nærmere ;)

Homer

Medlem
Mr Dr Miles.. Detta kan jag berätta för dig inom kort. Mina föräldrar har just köpt en resa till Dubai och skall flyga med Emiraterna den 11 Mars. Dom är 70/77 år och jäkligt gnälliga/krävande ( :rolleyes: ) så jag tar reda på fakta.

Förhoppningsvis i Bizz?
Emirates har väl "economy minus" i 777orna, 3-4-3 config och smala säten, man behöver väl inte vara
speciellt gnällig för att inte uppskatta det.

JohnP

Medlem
To Copenhagen.

I did work for KLM Nordic and have had many years of working inn all of the Nordic countries.
Dannish is no problem:)
Infact, I have partly lived in Denmark in Hvidovre while working for KLM.
I do now work for another airline but towards the same market.

First class from CPH was a disaster. It's a product that don't sell in Scandinavia and is the reason why EK have had Stockholm and Oslo on hold. It's hard to free up two class frames as 3 class frames is out of the question. It's a prestige for an airport to be served by a first class product, but It failed totally from Copenhagen and I know that is hard for the airport to admit.

From my experience from KLM and other carriers, Norway is by far the strongest market in the Nordic when we talk yield crust, but that's another story and its all about business class, not first.
Swedes are the only ones who have some few companies that still stick to first, expecially through BA and LHR.

CPH are lucky that it's Qatar and Emirates that are compeeting. Other carriers would have reduced or pulled out, but this airlines are prestige carriers who fight no matter the cost.
Fares are ridiculously low. That's good for the pax and the airport but not for the airlines. It's also good for Copenhagen bringing in growth.

It's not difficult to fill an airplane. To make it profitable is another thing and Qatar have the highest average load when you look at the last 12 month of operation. Their rates are also higher.

I wish EK all the best at CPH and I'm certain that they will recieve a A380, but there is a lot of things happening behind the PR machine of Kastrup and it's press windows.

I worked with DL/KL when we launched CPH-ATL and JFK.
What I can say is that I was surprised to se the PR strategy of CPH and how far it was from the reality. Keeping up the apprentice was very important.

My experience from the Nordic countries is that you should and must not present anything that goes against the interest or operations of Kastrup. That's a Dannish fenonema that you do not find elsewhere:)
The importance of Kastrup is deeper for the Danes than the capital airports of Helsinki or Stockholm. It's easy visable for a foreginet to se in the aviation media and different debates.

So again, it's not an attempt to attack Emirates and Copenhagen but rather a contribution to the discussion through my experience and sources to the topic presented.

Copenhagen

Ny medlem
JohnP,

Regarding EK @ CPH my sources are deep inside Emirates and CPH - behind the press layer. I have no reason not to believe what they tell me. We will probably soon see double daily flights to CPH or A380 - I believe the first setup is by far the most likely.

We are all aware that yield and prices ex. CPH are under pressure at the moment due to massive capacity in the market through the middle east hubs. So in my previous post I was not referring to the market in general but to the Emirates story at CPH and it is quite a good story. I know they for different reasons try to keep low profile of their success out of CPH, but at the end the day the performance is quite good and beyond expectations. It is not without reason they now have an appetite for ARN and OSL.

Let me state they I really appreciate you contribution to the debate and I am not trying to say that the information you provide is incorrect or something like that.

Toppen