Senaste nytt

Burgare i First

johhenrik

Medlem
Jag har käkat burgaren en gång, i Galleries First på T3. Jag var riktigt nöjd med den. Så det är väl som på alla ställen, det beror lite på vem som står i köket. :)

Homer

Medlem
Det blir en enhancement på burgarna i loungerna

The burger remains, but with added fat. Yes - fat, folks. The comments you often see about the BA Burger is that it is dry, heavy, unappealing, cold and so on.

The key reason for this is that the meat in the BA Burger is, frankly, too good for you. It is a 21 day aged "Birchstead" bit of meat. Now Birchstead isn't a farm, it's a brand within Brakes Bros., one of the UK's leading food distribution suppliers. It was run by the Brakes family until 2002, and now it's privately owned by venture capitalists.

The beef in the burger is from Limousin and Belgian crosses (mainly) and while great for steaks, using it for burgers is a bit over the top. These cattle are fairly low in fat anyway and the ageing process mean that the BA burger was only 2% fat.

In and Out burgers have one of the lowest fat contents in the game, their fat content is 10%. McDonalds vary by country but it is in the 20% to 30% range. USA and Japan are at the top end. Supermarket burgers are typically in the 8% to 30% range,

So the new BA burgers will be made from Aberdeen Angus breeds, which is a more sensible choice of cattle, and the fat content will rise to 5% or maybe a bit over. (And a lot more when smothered in sauce, cheese etc).

The impact, if you are used to fatty burgers, is that the new burger will taste closer to what would normally get elsewhere, it won't be as dry and will feel lighter. It will feel hotter too, due to the SHC difference between fat versus flesh. Finally the fat will bind the flesh in a different way to give a more crumbly texture.

But the previous burger is many ways "better" than the new version, but my guess is the new version will go down a treat for almost all punters. I don't know if the new burger is out yet, but I guess it will be in the next few days, or so.

från FT

Toppen