British Airways London to Dublin Flight Oct 2013

Diskussion i 'British Airways, Executive Club' startad av guitarsingapore, 27 Oktober 2013.

1. This is a review of my connecting flight from London Heathrow to Dublin on British Airways.

We arrived at Terminal 3 early morning, after a 13 hour flight from Singapore on Singapore Airlines (SQ).

Fortunately, our bags were checked all the way through. Still, we had to find our way to Terminal 3.

Terminal 3 Signpost.
    [​IMG]

Getting from London T1 to T3 was simple enough. Just follow the signs and we got to a bus. The bus brought us from T1 to T3. At T3, we had to clear Border Control and go through security. Fortunately, at this time of the morning, the lines were very short. I reckoned it took us a total of 45 minutes from the time I got off the SQ plane at T3 to the time I reached the T1 transit area.

The lounge . Once you got here, you were very near the gates. You can’t go back to the main transit area of Heathrow Terminal 1 unless you want to clear security all over again – not recommended.

[​IMG]

From the lounge window, you could see the planes at this one particular gate very clearly.
    [​IMG]

There was just one chap tending to the plane.
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the lounge.

[​IMG]

Lounge Area. It was very quiet when I got there.

[​IMG]

Some nuts and alcohol available.

[​IMG]

More pictures of the seating area.
    [​IMG]

Sorry, picture is a bit blur. I must have rushed this picture.
    [​IMG]

Notice, the plane that was parked earlier at this gate, has left.
    [​IMG]

Drinks in the chiller, self-service. I noticed that they had Tiger Beer, from Singapore!
    [​IMG]

More drinks, including colas.
    [​IMG]

The coffee machine. They had a couple of these in the lounge.
    [​IMG]

Some nuts and dried food.
    [​IMG]

Cereals. There was also milk and skimmed milk. This was rather popular.
    [​IMG]

Some fruits. I didn't see anybody take any.
    [​IMG]

Some pastries. These did not look too appetizing, but they were popular nonetheless.
    [​IMG]

2 personer gillar detta.
  2. Short video of the pictures which I put together earlier. (Almost forgot I had this)
    BA Terminal 1 UK and Ireland Lounge - YouTube

The King and his soldiers.
    [​IMG]

Another Kingly shot!
    [​IMG]

This was the waiting area near the Gates.
    [​IMG]

We could get a good view of the tarmac and runway from the waiting area.
    [​IMG]

Spent some time watching planes. Coming from Asia, it is fascinating to see the livery of all these different airlines.

I thought this plane was rather unusual. Looks like Lufthansa from many decades ago?
    [​IMG]

I couldn't recognize this aircraft at first, but it turned out to be British Airways.
    [​IMG]

Another interesting plane.
    [​IMG]

Departures that morning. Some flights were delayed because of the fog earlier that morning.
    [​IMG]

Alright, that's the review of the lounge for now. I will have to sort out my photos & videos from the actual flight, from London to Dublin. Once I get that sort out, I shall update the thread further. Thanks for viewing.

3. Got on board and settled in my seat. I was in 4A, window seat. I had managed to get my boarding pass at Singapore Changi, which was convenient.

The A319 safety info.
    [​IMG]

It was a rainy day.
    [​IMG]

A coat hanger for me to hang my jacket.
    [​IMG]

This is the table in between the 2 seats.
    [​IMG]

The King has a table seat.
    [​IMG]

Taxi-ing on a rainy day. It was foggy in the morning and rainy now.
    [​IMG]

Waiting for our turn to take off. A busy morning. The Captain said that they were only operating one runway, hence the delay.
    [​IMG]

Actual flight time was only 50 minutes. So, the cabin crew had to work quickly to do the meal service. The Business class section of the aircraft were the front 4 rows. This was the light meal we got.
    [​IMG]

The King watches, as I eat.
    [​IMG]

The King in his glass shield, enjoying the ride.
    [​IMG]

Here is a youtube video I made of the various video clips I had. It includes taking off, cruising, and landing at Dublin. Enjoy!
    BA Flight Heathrow to Dublin 15 Oct 2013 Rainy Day Business Class Airbus A319 - YouTube

6 personer gillar detta.
  4. SvartMjolk

SvartMjolk Medlem

Land:
    Sverige Sverige
    The King seems to like beer! ;)

Dela sidan

BusinessClass Logo

Hej och välkommen till BusinessClass!

Prenumerera på vårt gratis nyhetsbrev för att få uppdateringar och nyheter om vad som händer runtom i världen och på BusinessClass.

I'm already subscribed
BusinessClass Logo

Välkommen till utskickslistan!

Glöm inte att kontrollera din epost och bekräfta din prenumeration.

BusinessClass Logo

Gå med i BusinessClass-gemenskapen!

Gilla oss på Facebook för att få de senaste nyheterna från BusinessClass direkt i ditt flöde.

Bli medlem och delta i våra diskussioner, ställ frågor och dela med dig av din kunskap och dina erfarenheter.

Bli medlem nu!