Senaste nytt

bmi Diamond Club och dess framtid (2012-DEC-31 är slutdatum)

Tjaeng

Medlem
Nu har IAG gjort vissa eftergifter, även om man inte vill gå in i detalj på vad som gjorts.

Torde vara att de säljer en del slots till konkurrenterna. 52% av kapaciteten för IAG på LHR låter väl i dig inte som någon katastrof, men OneWorlds dominans på transatlantiskt till UK skulle ju närma sig absurda nivåer. Förstår att Virgin Atlantic är nervösa nu. Kanske halmstrået som får dem att slutligen söka medlemskap i Star?

Dr. Miles

Expert
En artikel av Financial Times.

Financial Times skrev:
IAG faces lengthy BMI takeover probe

By Alex Barker in Brussels and Andrew Parker in London

International Airlines Group faces a lengthy competition investigation into its contentious takeover of BMI British Midland after being told by the European Commission that its proposed deal concessions are likely to be rejected.

IAG, formed through the merger of British Airways and Spain’s Iberia, has offered to relinquish some take-off and landing slots at Heathrow airport in order to secure quick regulatory approval for its planned purchase of BMI, Lufthansa’s lossmaking UK subsidiary.

However, IAG’s lawyers have been informed that the company’s proposals are unlikely to address Brussels’ full range of competition concerns, increasing the prospect of a longer and more in-depth investigation.

IAG’s offer to relinquish some Heathrow slots extends the deadline for an initial Commission decision from March 16 to March 30. Brussels officials will seek feedback from rival airlines, including Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic, which is strongly opposed to the deal.

IAG has offered up to £172.5m in cash for BMI. If approved, the transaction would increase IAG’s share of slots at Heathrow from 44.8 per cent to 53.5 per cent.

BMI is the second largest slot holder at Heathrow after BA . Willie Walsh, IAG chief executive, regards the BMI takeover as an important part of BA’s efforts to expand at capacity-constrained Heathrow.

Two people familiar with IAG’s concessions said the group had offered to relinquish slots at Heathrow. One person said IAG had also argued that BA could help provide rival airlines with transfer passengers.

IAG said: “We’re talking to the EU and remain confident that we will receive regulatory approval for the deal.” It declined to comment further.

PwC, BMI’s auditors, said in January that several uncertainties surrounding the airline “may cast significant doubt over the ability of the company to continue as a going concern”.

BMI’s directors said the airline should have sufficient funding until March 31, by when Lufthansa hopes to complete the transaction.

Alltså, räcker bmi:s pengarna bara till sista mars? :eek: I så fall måste jag flyga i First class många timmar innan dess...

Eftersom det gick inte att få något svar till min fråga om strul med familekontot från kundtjänsten bestämde jag att bränna alla miles ASAP.
Vad händer om jag gör följande: köper genast 24K miles för att fylla på mitt konto och boka en award resa till Sverige inom 2-3 veckor?
Om man får biljetten före 30/3 är det säkert att även om BD konkar så får man resa vidare för biljetten väl redan utställd och det är inte BD metall?

Elsson

Medlem
Om BD går i konkurs så är det troligt att du förlorar din biljett då BD inte betalar bolaget du ska flyga med i samband med bokning utan i efterskott. Om det blir klar med uppköpet så lär biljetten vara giltig.

Köp av miles för mig tog ca 3 min innan de syntes på kontot..
bmi Diamond miles - 3 min? Något är på tok med mitt köp isf, det har gått 4 timmar.

It may take up to one business day (up to three days for purchases on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays) for your newly purchased miles to be available for an online award booking. It may take up to two business days for newly purchased miles to be available for new members with less than 14 days tenure. A confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm the transaction is completed.

Toppen