Senaste nytt

BA 777 har fattat eld på Las Vegas Mc Carran

doc

Medlem
Skönt att ingen skadade sig allvarligt i alla fall. Har visst flugit med G-VIIO en gång enligt mina anteckningar och som det ser ut på bilderna blir det nog ingen fler gång.

A

Aurora

Vad hände i Johannesburg? Det känner jag inte till.

Accident: British Airways B744 at Johannesburg on Dec 22nd 2013, took wrong taxiway and buried wing in building

"A British Airways Boeing 747-400, registration G-BNLL performing flight BA-34 from Johannesburg (South Africa) to London Heathrow,EN (UK) with 182 passengers and 17 crew, was taxiing for departure and had been cleared to taxi to holding point runway 03L via taxiway B but missed the turn towards the holding point runway 03L and continued on general aviation taxiway M until the right hand wing collided with and sliced an office building. 4 ground staff in the building received minor injuries, none of the aircraft occupants received injuries. The building and aircraft received substantial damage."

Fra den offisielle havarikom-rapporten står det:

"The loss of situational awareness caused the crew to taxi straight ahead on the wrong path, crossing the intersection/junction of Bravo and Mike instead of following Bravo where it turns off to the right and leads to the Category 2 holding point. Following aircraft stand taxilane Mike; they collided with a building on the right-hand side of Mike.

Contributory Factors:

The crew did not conduct a briefing to discuss the cleared route, nor did they refer to the correct taxiway information in chart 10-6. In combination with the ground movement visual aids, this created confusion and loss of situational awareness when taxiing on taxiway Bravo."

British Airways plane crashed into building thanks to pilot error | Daily Mail Online

agehall

Medlem
Kan de va bromsar som fattade eld efter avbruten take off och det sedan spred sig?

Svårt att tro det. Kolla på bilderna så ser du att motorkåpan är helt söndersmulad på insidan medan däcken ser hela ut.

Jag vill inte spekulera i vad som hände, men jag har svårt att se att det är bromsarnas fel.

Brandten

Medlem
Fick en notifiering från Aviation Herald appen några minuter efter olyckan. Finns en hel del incidenter att läsa om där.

Toppen