Senaste nytt

Förändringar i British Airways catering inom Europa

Concorde

Founding Member
Kort version; på det stora hela verkar det vara åt det bättre hållet. Dock har man begått självmål och förlängt tiderna för Extended Breakfast samt Afternoon Tea... :facepalm:

I just thought I would give you all a preview of the shorthaul catering enhancements, set to start at the start of the Winter schedule.

Club Europe breakfast will now have a choice of a hot breakfast, which will have an omelette instead of the scrambled eggs along with sausage, bacon etc. or a vegitarian hot option, both with fruit or a proper continental style breakfast with cold meats and cheese and pastries and Bircher muesli.

Extended breakfast willl have a cold plate similar to now but also a fruit plate choice as well which is similar to the current fruit plate you can order as a special meal. 50/50 loading.

Lunch and dinner will have a choice of either a hot tipping dish ( like now) or a salad which will have a hot element like salmon or chicken placed on it. This was something that many of us, that were asked, were not too sure about because we all felt that two hot choices was better than one hot and one salad but BA is convinced that passengers want a lighter salad option. They have promised to adjust the loading, depending on season and also on feedback received from passengers and crew.

Afternoon tea will be enhanced but unfortunately will remain. However it will have more sandwiches and a nice piece of cake.

Crew present at this presentation did request that afternoon tea and extended breakfast were removed completely from band 3 flights because we felt that after breakfast was over, on these longer flights, a hot meal would be preferred by most customers. They are going to review this but thought that it was too late to alter this season. We also were not happy with some of the revised meal timings as now extended breakfast ( new proposed timing 9.30- 11.59) and afternoon tea ( new proposed times 14.00- 16.59) have a larger windows and they will review this too, so hopefully they will be able to make these windows of time smaller before the roll out!

In ET, at breakfast time a much larger filled croissant will be offered which will be over twice the size of the current roll.

At other times on domestics and band 1 flights ( like Paris) a basket containing a selection of higher quality snacks will be offered with a drink, so that passengers can choose an item themselves, such as crips, Lilly obrien cookies, forest fruits ( nut and dried fruit).

On band 2 flights, it will be a basket pass, mid morning and afternoon but at lunchtime and evening it will be a savoury wrap, like duck with hoisin sauce, Mexican chicken etc. with a Vegitarian option also.

On Band 3 it will be a larger wrap and will served on all flights after the breakfast period has finnished.

Band 4s are to remain the same for the time being.

I am really pleased because in general the offering will be much better and BA have in most parts listened to crew.

JensE

Medlem
Afternoon tea will be enhanced but unfortunately will remain. However it will have more sandwiches and a nice piece of cake.
Så detta är BA själva som säger att Afternoon Tea suger (vilket det gör)?
Men det är ju bra att dom tänkt att förbättra det något.
Riktigt illa att tiden de serverar de 2 målen som folk absolut ogillar blivit förlängt.

När börjar "winter schedule"?

henrik l

Medlem
Blandar och ger C och Y GOT-LHR. Men åker till HKG i april, sitter i Y GOT-LHR. Planet avgår 11.55 och hade jag suttit i C hade jag väl varit måttligt glad om jag fått en "extended breakfast" och till råga på allt utan skramblade ägg:( Så visst verkar detta ur vissa aspekter vara en traditionell "enhancement":(

Concorde

Founding Member
Min källa säger att tiderna för EB och AT kanske inte kommer förändras, då de som beslutat detta insett att det lär göra många pissed off.
Jag håller med fullständigt på denna punkt.

Dr. Miles

Expert
LIghten up. Det är ju standardironin på FlyerTalk att "enhancement" betyder motsatsen. Nämner man det visar man ju bara att man har lite koll på lingot, inte att man inte tar del av all information.

Men BA har beslutat att förlänga tiden då de serverar Extended Breakfast och Afternoon Tea vilka är inte uppskattade av resenärerna.
Det betyder generell försämring = branschspråk "enhancement".

Stefan62

Medlem
Men BA har beslutat att förlänga tiden då de serverar Extended Breakfast och Afternoon Tea vilka är inte uppskattade av resenärerna.
Det betyder generell försämring = branschspråk "enhancement".

Fråga 1: Betyder det att C-resenärer hellre vill ha en riktig måltid?
Fråga 2: Är frukosten inget att ha?
Fråga 3: Varför är AT dålig?

Toppen