Senaste nytt

Medlemsrecension: Paris Bastille Boutet - MGallery Collection

Erik M

Medlem
MGallery Bastille Boutet

This is the first 5-star hotel in the Bastille area. The hotel is situated between Metro stations Faidherbe-Chaligny and Charonne. Getting from CDG airport is quick by train. We had the hotel arrange a driver for us, for which the price was €95. The area is lovely, lively, bohemian, young, chic, but not overly hip.

Our flight had been delayed so we arrived later than planned. But the driver was great and so was the check-in. My Accor Gold card earned me and girlfriend a voucher for a welcome drink in the bar. We were also upgraded from Standard ("superior") to Deluxe room. A corner Deluxe room on the top (6th) floor with a terrace and nice view. We had booked with a pre-paid rate of around €570 for three nights, breakfast included.

I stayed there over the Easter weekend, just three days after their opening party. The first reviews were very good, and much of the communication about the new hotel focused on the architecture and the interior design. But to be honest I wasn't blown away by the interior of the room. I was more delighted by the complimentary water bottles, chocolate, artisanal candy and personal hand written note.

The SPA in the basement is only for hotel guests. This means it is calm and feels more like a private space than a public one. There were never more than four guests in total using the SPA while we were there, but if more than ten hotel guests would decide to go at once, it would be a bit crowded. The gym is small but immaculately clean. The equipment is limited. Good cardio machines and quality Technogym equipment, but no heavier dumbbells than 14 kg. Evian and towels are at hand, but overall there is not an abundance of products, kits, fruit etc. In fact, there was no shaving kit and no tooth brush kit in the room or in the locker room.

The breakfast is one of the highlights. It consists of a small but carefully put together buffet of high quality cheeses, delicious salmon, a beautiful selection of portion yoghurts, fresh cut fruit, amazing croissants, organic hazelnut chocolate spread (and Nutella), good gluten-free selection, choice of butters, scrambled eggs and a bath for boiling your own, typical French breakfast breads, marmalades, fresh juices ... And a granola bar to go if you like.

There is no restaurant. The lobby bar, which is OK but nothing special, has snacks. In the area there are many great bistros, and just across the street is a cute deli where you can buy cheese, charcuterie and wine (and sit out front or to go) until late. There had been some talk about the signature hot chocolate in the bar, but if you're a hot chocolate connoisseur you will find better elsewhere.

The room was of decent size. Plenty of mirrors. One corner, where the kettle and Nespresso machine stood, was a little dark. The shower and massage bath were great. Cleaning was attentively done and we got new Michel Cluizel chocolate eggs every day (but they didn't adjust the bedside clock for daylight savings time). The bed was exceptionally comfortable! And double pillows - one fluffy and one more like memory foam. Together they were amazing.

When we checked out I chatted a little with the friendly staff. I mentioned that I will return to Paris in June during the UEFA European championship when rooms are either fully booked or very expensive.
"So, would you like the same room?"
Regrettably, I had already made a different reservation.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Toppen