Senaste nytt

Roamingavgifter slopas helt inom EU

johhenrik

Medlem
Well, finns ju inget i det preliminära förslag som garanterar lägre priser. Detta reglerar ju priserna mellan operatörerna, inte slutkundspriser. Vore kul att höra vad operatörerna räknar med osv.

kexxcream

Medlem
Detta ska fortfarande godkännas av medlemsländerna. Det var tidigare bestämt att avgifterna skulle slopas helt 15 december 2015 men har nu skjutits upp pga att man var orolig över att nuvarande system skulle missbrukas (köp av billigt kontantkort i ett annat land för bruk i det land man är bosatt i). Detta ska tydligen begränsas. Är fortfarande skeptisk med tanke på hur länge de har hållit på med denna fråga.

Homer

Medlem
End of roaming charges: EU negotiators agreed on wholesale prices, the final piece to make it happen
Brussels, 1 February 2017

As the last step towards the end of roaming charges by 15 June 2017, representatives of the European Parliament, the Council and the Commission agreed on how to regulate wholesale roaming markets (the prices operators charge each other when their customers use other networks when roaming in the EU).

EU negotiators agreed on the following wholesale caps:

• 3.2 cents per minute of voice call, as of 15 June 2017
  • 1 cent per SMS, as of 15 June 2017
  • A step by step reduction over 5 years for data caps decreasing from €7.7 per GB (as of 15 June 2017) to €6 per GB (as of 1 January 2018), €4.5 per GB (as of 1 January 2019), €3.5 per GB (as of 1 January 2020), €3 per GB (as of 1 January 2021) and €2.5 per GB (as of 1 January 2022).

Next steps

The European Parliament and the Council must now formally approve the agreement reached today. The new wholesale roaming prices will become applicable on 15 June 2017, in time for operators to take all the necessary preparatory steps for the introduction of roam-like -at-home by then.

mer här
European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - End of roaming charges: EU negotiators agreed on wholesale prices, the final piece to make it happen

Toppen