Senaste nytt

I Indien, fixa pilotcertifikat med 35min. flygtid.

Homer

Medlem
Anupam Verma has a certificate that shows he has flown an aircraft for 360 hours. He says he got it after sitting in the co-pilot’s seat for just 35 minutes.
He’s one of dozens of pilots in the country who obtained certificates showing inflated flying hours and ground training, according to court documents and interviews with pilots, regulators and industry analysts.

“The fudging of log books is rampant both in airlines and in flying clubs,” said Mohan Ranganathan, a former commercial pilot and aviation safety consultant based in Chennai. He said the 2011 audit found violations in most flying clubs in the country. “Hours were logged with aircraft not even in airworthy condition. One aircraft had no engines but several hundred hours were logged.”

While schools in the U.S. use a Hobbs Meter, which automatically logs flight times and other data for training aircraft, some Indian schools still enter flight times by hand, making it easier to falsify data. Indian flying academies that falsify data run cars on aviation fuel to avoid a mismatch between flight times and fuel consumption, said three people who have worked directly with flying schools in the country.

He said airlines can soon tell if a pilot has faked certificates because they don’t have basic skills, but the carrier can’t fire them because they have DGCA licenses. To bring them up to scratch, airlines have to do expensive corrective training, he said.

You Can Get a Pilot License in India After Just 35 Minutes in Air - Bloomberg Business

Ziplock

Medlem
Att det fuskas i Indien var ingen större överraskning, däremot att det går att köra bilar på flygbränsle.

Homer

Medlem
Att det fuskas i Indien var ingen större överraskning, däremot att det går att köra bilar på flygbränsle.

Ska visst funka att köra dieselbilar på jetbränsle.
Flygbensin, för propellerplan med kolvmotorer, innehåller visst bly så katalysatorn ryker
fast i Indien är det säkert inga problem att köra utan katalysator :)

Resenären

Medlem
Flygbensin, för propellerplan med kolvmotorer, innehåller visst bly så katalysatorn ryker

Säg inte det! Titta på denna moderna service station, som jag fotograferade i New Delhi:

Kontrollstation.jpg

Andreas Q

Medlem
Ska visst funka att köra dieselbilar på jetbränsle.
Ja det fungerar utmärkt. JetA1 är snofsigare diesel och AvgasLL100 för kolvmotorer gillas av vältrimmade motorcyklar bla.

Toppen