Senaste nytt

KVS Tool "enhancements"

MartinH

Medlem
Nån annan här som använder sig av KVS Tool?
Efter att ha haft stor nytta av KVS i flera år börjar jag nu tröttna på deras återkommande "enhancements".
Nu senast har funktionen för Star Alliance sökning 7 dagar försvunnit. Jag antar att det har med nån uppdatering av ANA's sida att göra, men ändå tråkigt.
I höstas försvann availablity funktionen.
BA-OneWorld funktionen är jätteseg då captcha slår till ganska omgående och den är i princip omöjlig att tyda, inte alls samma som på BA's egna sida.
Nej, det här är sista året jag betalar för KVS!
/ slut på gnället

KVS Tool

Medlem
Nån annan här som använder sig av KVS Tool?
Efter att ha haft stor nytta av KVS i flera år börjar jag nu tröttna på deras återkommande "enhancements".

There are no "enhancements" in the KVS Tool -- that's what the airlines are for ;).

Nu senast har funktionen för Star Alliance sökning 7 dagar försvunnit. Jag antar att det har med nån uppdatering av ANA's sida att göra, men ändå tråkigt.

Indeed, the 7-Day *A search function has been discontinued by ANA as a part of their system "enhancement" last week.

However, KVS Tool supports 30-Day Award Availability searches via the [Power Search] function:
http://Help.KVSTool.com/#PowerSearch

I höstas försvann availablity funktionen.

Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion.

BA-OneWorld funktionen är jätteseg då captcha slår till ganska omgående och den är i princip omöjlig att tyda, inte alls samma som på BA's egna sida.

The requirement for the occasional CAPTCHA verification comes from BA itself.

You can use the [Awards/OneWorld] Method (or one of the airline-specific Methods), which do not use CAPTCHA:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#OneWorld

agehall

Medlem
@KVS Tool - It's great that you monitor this site.

Since I no longer travel as frequently as I used to, my needs are not the same any more. KVS has thus become a bit to cumbersome for me to use compared to the pay off. The main reason for this being that I'm a Mac user and thus have to deal with running a windows client somehow.

Why have you not developed a web interface? This is the number one thing that makes ExpertFlyer a clear choice for me..

kristerj

Medlem
Jag slutade använda KVS när "Availability" försvann. Istället ska man använda den mobila versionen vilket är osmidigt. Sedan är det irriterande att själv behöva ladda ner frekventa uppdateringar, speciellt om man har KVS på flera datorer.

KVS Tool

Medlem
@KVS Tool - It's great that you monitor this site.

Since I no longer travel as frequently as I used to, my needs are not the same any more.

Thanks for your feedback.

Why have you not developed a web interface?

Most KVS Tool Members strongly prefer the dedicated desktop interface for a variety of reasons, such as that it's faster to use, does not require login, etc.

It also enables the KVS Tool to have an incomparably wider Award Availability coverage (incl. 100% Star Alliance, OneWorld, SkyTeam support) -- just compare the list at KVS Availability Tool: Global Flight Availability, Award Availability, Fares, Timetables, Seat Maps to the 'other' tool to see the difference.

However, we also do provide a web-based interface for commonly-used 'on-the-go' functions via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion.

agehall

Medlem
I guess the problem with having a client, is that it is windows only... That makes life complicated for us OSX users.

KVS Tool

Medlem
I guess the problem with having a client, is that it is windows only... That makes life complicated for us OSX users.

We do have many users, who run the KVS Tool on their Macs, which is very easy using CrossOver, for example:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Mac

aW1Ki.jpg

Toppen