Senaste nytt

SAS "New cabin" - next route with upgraded cabin?

Sam

Ny medlem
Regarding the "New Cabin upgrade" in SAS: anyone who knowns which route is next out with upgraded cabin ? Oslo - NY? (SK907 /SK 908)

Regarding the "New Cabin upgrade" in SAS: anyone who knowns which route is next out with upgraded cabin ? Oslo - NY? (SK907 /SK 908)

If you look at the schedule last month the plane Erik Viking who was the first plane to be upgraded has flown both from Copenhagen and Stockholm. I dont know personaly but it might be Oslo who is the next destination. I would also say that it's not a ide to trust the schedule since last minute changes will accure.

mha321

Medlem
I have a flight on SK908 in about a weeks time to Oslo which is currently scheduled with new cabin.

But they don't lock it to an individual route, the new planes "move around" in the route network. And as more of them show up, that's likely to become more the case rather than less for a while, until you get to the point that the majority is upgraded.

Meh, correction, which proves the second paragraph. It had new cabin when I checked last night. It's back to old cabin now.

A

Aurora

The new cabin is planned to predominantly fly the New York routes in the beginning, with a bias on CPH-base. Therefore the odds is highest on CPH-EWR at the moment. The planes with the new cabin is not locked to a single route (as mha321 mentions) due to the fact that SAS' long haul airplanes are all very pushed at the moment (more or less two being out for maintenance every day, one of them being the cabin overhaul and one of them for a general check up). Changes can occur quickly; for example bad weather causing an airplane to be stuck on the east coast of the US, sudden technical problems, delayed night checks (which revealed some neccessary maintenance work) and so on.

Sam

Ny medlem
If you look at the schedule last month the plane Erik Viking who was the first plane to be upgraded has flown both from Copenhagen and Stockholm. I dont know personaly but it might be Oslo who is the next destination. I would also say that it's not a ide to trust the schedule since last minute changes will accure.

Yes, it seems like its a little bit "random"... I just booked a flight from Oslo to NY on SK907 in mid april, and got up the new seatconfiguration 1+2+1 in business, when I selected seat.... And on the return flight (SK908) a week later it was back to the 2+2+2 setup...

MarcusC

Medlem
Last days it seem LN-RKN has made several Sk903/904, then one return on 907/908 and today went as 945 to ORD from ARN....so it seems it has left 909 most days of the week ?!

Toppen