Senaste nytt

Singapore Airlines London-Singapore nödlandar i Baku

Svenska73

Medlem
Läste på SQs Facebook sida om detta. Tydligen förlorade de tryck och flög med maskarna dinglande i 3 timmar innan de landade i Baku. Nu har de väntat på ett ersättningsplan från SIN i ett antal timmar som ska lyfta 23:00 ikväll. Det var en 380 som var inblandad så de kunde väl inte landa vart som helst. Ingen som var på flighten och vet mer?

Thornado

Medlem
Här finns lite bilder:
SQTalk - View Single Post - SQ 317 Diverted to Baku

Enligt tråden på FT så postade en av passagerarna detta på Facebook:

Matthew G. Johnson skrev:
Interesting story... shortly after take-off from Heathrow a loud air noise was heard from the door five rows in front. So loud it was impossible to hear and cold due to the airflow I asked the cabin crew whether they knew the cause and whether the flight crew had been down to examine
Got silly answers so then asked to speak to the in-flight supervisor two hours later he finally turned up. Apparently the door had a leaking seal which had presented on the flight to London but apparently in very mild form. He assured me they had cleared the airplane as servicable. I was a little dubious and miffed by the high noise and cold temperatures. I wrote a compalint questioning their judgement and then settled to pass the time watching movies. A few hours later the leaking door over powered the compressors' ability to pressurise the cabin and we entered into an emergency decent over Afghanistan (of all placess!) with those cute facemasks to keep us amused.
..although I assesed our chances of survival as good there were a few anxious moments.In my view the decision to take-off was marginal but the decision to continue after the problem worsened was poor. Dumping the fuel and returning to Heathrow seemed the obvious choice, and I had highlighted this to them a couple of hours before the emergency. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but in this case it was a little too easy to predict.

Nemo

Medlem
Kan inte vara alltför roligt för piloterna. Vid tryckförlust går de ner under 2.400 m.ö.h. och syrgasen räcker till under den nedstigningen. Men att flyga på 2.400 meters höjd i Kaukasus, med berg över 5.600 m, är inte det lättaste. Hoppas att sikten var bra, ser iallafall ut så på satellitbilderna. Eller som de säger i Nepal: "We don't fly in clouds, because we have rocks in them".

Nemo

Medlem
Ska man tro inläggen på dino_81 så var de över ännu högre mark, högsta berg i Afghanistan är nästan 7.500 m.ö.h. Förutom andra potentiella risker med att gå ned på låg höjd över det landet.
location By HW on Tuesday, Jan 7th 2014 14:46Z
The incident did not occur 200NM NE of Baku. It was on airway N644 between Lemod and Vuven over Afghanistan under control of Kabul Centre. The aircraft requested a lower level from FL370 due to problems. This was first denied by ATC. Lateron the crew gave a Pan call and started descent. Contact with Kabul was lost and the Mayday call lateron was relayed via SQ327, also flying over Afghanistan. The cockpitcrew were transmitting with their oxygenmasks on and descended to FL180 due to high terrain and returned to Lemod and from there to Baku.

Toppen