Senaste nytt

British Airways London to Dublin Flight Oct 2013

This is a review of my connecting flight from London Heathrow to Dublin on British Airways.

We arrived at Terminal 3 early morning, after a 13 hour flight from Singapore on Singapore Airlines (SQ).

Fortunately, our bags were checked all the way through. Still, we had to find our way to Terminal 3.

Terminal 3 Signpost.
2i8dly9.jpg

Getting from London T1 to T3 was simple enough. Just follow the signs and we got to a bus. The bus brought us from T1 to T3. At T3, we had to clear Border Control and go through security. Fortunately, at this time of the morning, the lines were very short. I reckoned it took us a total of 45 minutes from the time I got off the SQ plane at T3 to the time I reached the T1 transit area.

The lounge . Once you got here, you were very near the gates. You can’t go back to the main transit area of Heathrow Terminal 1 unless you want to clear security all over again – not recommended.

nthl2.jpg

From the lounge window, you could see the planes at this one particular gate very clearly.
nnwv44.jpg

There was just one chap tending to the plane.
1zmk1zk.jpg

Here is a picture of the lounge.

2s6235d.jpg

Lounge Area. It was very quiet when I got there.

28sc206.jpg

Some nuts and alcohol available.

33b2vih.jpg

More pictures of the seating area.
28a3rer.jpg

Sorry, picture is a bit blur. I must have rushed this picture.
1zyc5xx.jpg

Notice, the plane that was parked earlier at this gate, has left.
15q3h9i.jpg

Drinks in the chiller, self-service. I noticed that they had Tiger Beer, from Singapore!
xbwi10.jpg

More drinks, including colas.
5n642d.jpg

The coffee machine. They had a couple of these in the lounge.
oub9r5.jpg

Some nuts and dried food.
sz77lc.jpg

Cereals. There was also milk and skimmed milk. This was rather popular.
27zardj.jpg

Some fruits. I didn't see anybody take any.
345o7rr.jpg

Some pastries. These did not look too appetizing, but they were popular nonetheless.
24vup28.jpg

Short video of the pictures which I put together earlier. (Almost forgot I had this)
BA Terminal 1 UK and Ireland Lounge - YouTube

The King and his soldiers.
90rn9l.jpg

Another Kingly shot!
24e5kja.jpg

This was the waiting area near the Gates.
145hs0.jpg

We could get a good view of the tarmac and runway from the waiting area.
30uzoza.jpg

Spent some time watching planes. Coming from Asia, it is fascinating to see the livery of all these different airlines.

I thought this plane was rather unusual. Looks like Lufthansa from many decades ago?
o93lo0.jpg

I couldn't recognize this aircraft at first, but it turned out to be British Airways.
11j3qk1.jpg

Another interesting plane.
344bp8z.jpg

Departures that morning. Some flights were delayed because of the fog earlier that morning.
igdr9w.jpg

Alright, that's the review of the lounge for now. I will have to sort out my photos & videos from the actual flight, from London to Dublin. Once I get that sort out, I shall update the thread further. Thanks for viewing.

Got on board and settled in my seat. I was in 4A, window seat. I had managed to get my boarding pass at Singapore Changi, which was convenient.

The A319 safety info.
vy1ik0.jpg

It was a rainy day.
mw8qia.jpg

A coat hanger for me to hang my jacket.
28sn4md.jpg

This is the table in between the 2 seats.
dpw8lf.jpg

The King has a table seat.
119v72d.jpg

Taxi-ing on a rainy day. It was foggy in the morning and rainy now.
11splle.jpg

Waiting for our turn to take off. A busy morning. The Captain said that they were only operating one runway, hence the delay.
ve7w91.jpg

Actual flight time was only 50 minutes. So, the cabin crew had to work quickly to do the meal service. The Business class section of the aircraft were the front 4 rows. This was the light meal we got.
zkn7nc.jpg

The King watches, as I eat.
33oh4ky.jpg

The King in his glass shield, enjoying the ride.
4gkke1.jpg

Here is a youtube video I made of the various video clips I had. It includes taking off, cruising, and landing at Dublin. Enjoy!
BA Flight Heathrow to Dublin 15 Oct 2013 Rainy Day Business Class Airbus A319 - YouTube

Toppen