Senaste nytt

Skippa sista flighten från US till Europa och Aegean miles

Jenkizzz

Medlem
Ska precis boka en biljett med United till Sydamerika via USA för att nå upp till gold på Aegean men har några saker som jag är lite orolig för innan vi bokar. Tanken är dock att skippa sista benet och i stället åka västerut. Några problem med att skippa sista benet till Europa och i stället hoppa av i New York? (reser endast med handbagage)

Några problem att boka en biljett med United (eller US) till LAX samma dag som vi skulle ha tagit flyget till Europa eller någon dag senare?

Bokningen är i klass V med United så det ska inte vara några problem att få 100% på flygen som vi faktiskt åker med (Aegean) eller är jag helt fel ute?

Tacksam för all hjälp som kan fås!

Alx

Medlem
Såvida inte Aegean ändrar poängintjäningstabellerna för Unitedflygningar så kan du vara helt säker på att din bokning i V klass ger 100% till Aegean.

När det gäller att strunta i sista benet på en ToR så är det oftast inte 100% OK enligt regelverket. MEN, jag har personligen aldrig någonsin varit med om eller hört talas om någon som fått problem i efterhand. Särskilt inte om du inte ens checkar in en väska. Att "missa" flyget är ju mänskligt! :)

Jag håller med A380*G om att du är 99.999999999....9999999% säker!

Jenkizzz

Medlem
Känns skönt att få lite medhåll, missa flyget kan ju lätt hända... :)

Det jag är mest orolig för är om det går att boka en biljett till LAX så nära inpå för att inte få det att verka uppenbart? Kommer att behöva de poängen för att komma upp i Gold så måste flyga *A. Har sen ett flyg från LAX till AKL med Air NZ som vi gärna vill kunna använda guldkortet vid, dessvärre ger den flygningen inga poäng till Aegean.

Alx

Medlem
Jag skulle inte oroa mig alltför mycket över att boka ett flyg till LAX. Det ska MYCKET MYCKET MYCKET till för att de 1. Ska bry sig om en sån sak. 2. Ens skulle upptäcka det!

Vill du vara "extra" säker och undvika att ens få frågor så checkar du in separat. Dvs benet till NYC vid en disk och benet till LAX antingen i NYC, online eller åtminstone vid annan disk. Det krävs ju en tänkande människa för att upptäcka vad du gör. :D

Dr. Miles

Expert
Amerikanska flygbolag brukar skriva om förbud av Back-to-Back i sina biljettreglerna. (jag har inte sett liknande hos europeiska/asiatiska flygbolag)

American Airlines skrev:
Let me take the opportunity to clarify American Airlines position on back-to-back ticketing. Since passengers utilizing back-to-back tickets are not remaining at their original destination over the required Saturday night, but returning on a second ticket, the intent to circumvent our tariffs is clear, and may be construed as common law fraud. As such, passengers who attempt to use back-to-back tickets may be denied boarding, have the remainder of their ticket confiscated, and may be assessed the difference between the fare paid and the lowest applicable fare.

Restrictions on back-to-back ticketing help American offer frequent flights to business travelers, and inexpensive travel to leisure travelers. Leisure travelers are willing to accept various kinds of restrictions, including non-refundable, advance purchase and minimum-stay requirements, in exchange for low prices. They then help fill the excess capacity that is a natural consequence of providing frequent service to fit the business travelers' needs. Without the ability to charge different fares to leisure and business travelers, American would not be able to offer as many flights.

In most cases the minimum stay requirement on discount fares is a Saturday-night stay. This is intended to discourage use of the restricted fares by business-travelers since, in most cases, business travelers prefer to get home quickly. Indeed, part of the reason business travelers like frequent flights is that frequent service increases a business travelers ability to minimize overall travel time, and maximize time either at the office or at home. Leisure travelers, however, are choosing to spend their leisure time traveling, and frequently stay over a Saturday night.

Although the issuance and usage of back-to-back tickets is not illegal in the sense that one could be fined or sent to jail by the government, it is a breach of a passengers contract with American Airlines. Both Tariff Rule 100AA and American's Condition of Carriage, which are incorporated into every ticket sold by American as part of our agreement to carry the passenger named on the ticket, bar back-to-back ticketing. In addition, it violates the agencies' contract to act as an agent for American Airlines.
Ticketing - Back-to-Back Ticketing - Sample Letter - American Airlines

United skrev:
J)
Prohibited Practices:

1) Fares apply for travel only between the points for which they are published. Tickets may not be purchased and
used at fare(s) from an initial departure point on the Ticket which is before the Passenger’s actual point of origin
of travel, or to a more distant point(s) than the Passenger’s actual destination being traveled even when the
purchase and use of such Tickets would produce a lower fare. This practice is known as “Hidden Cities
Ticketing” or “Point Beyond Ticketing” and is prohibited by UA.
2) The purchase and use of round-trip Tickets for the purpose of one-way travel only, known as “Throwaway
Ticketing” is prohibited by UA.
3) The use of Flight Coupons from two or more different Tickets issued at round trip fares for the purpose of
circumventing applicable tariff rules (such as advance purchase/minimum stay requirements) commonly referred
to as “Back-to-Back Ticketing” is prohibited by UA.

UNITED AIR LINES, INC. - CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE

Det bästa är att kombinera med andra flygbolags biljett då flygbolag A har ingen koll om flygbolag B:s bokning.

Jenkizzz

Medlem
Det känns säkrast att köra på en biljett med US Airways till LAX, skulle inte vilja riskera att få hela resan avbokad eller fastna i Buenos Aires om man skulle ha maximal otur. Bara se till att det är gott om tid mellan flygningarna för att vara på den säkra sidan.

Tack!!

Toppen