Senaste nytt

Svårt att ta ut pengar på bankomater i Japan med utländskt MasterCard?

Glenn E

Medlem
Man får nog ta med lite kontanter till Japan.:confused:
7bank.JPG mcjapan.JPG

jol

Medlem
Hej, det går alldeles utmärkt att ta ut kontanter med mastercard på de allra flesta bankomater i Japan. Gjorde det förra veckan dock inte Seven Bank, det finns många alternativ.
Däremot hade jag problem att betala med MC på Yodobashi Camera i Akihabara, det skulle gå och jag testade med två olika. Troligen ett tillfälligt fel. Visa funkade fint.

Dr. Miles

Expert
Som sagt det är MasterCard man får problem med. Visa kort som utfärdades utanför Japan fungerar fortfarande.

På 7-Eleven:
logo_all.gif
セブン銀行|ATMで使える海外発行カード

International ATM Service-JAPAN POST BANK

JAPAN POST BANK skrev:
* Some Maestro cards with IC chips are temporarily unable to make withdrawals at all ATMs located in Japan (including Japan Post Bank ATMs) from April 19,2013.
MasterCard is providing information to customers on their website. Please refer to the website below for details.
For information on usage of cards, please consult the card issuing financial institution.

Screenshot20130718_2.png

Last edited:

Dr. Miles

Expert
Meddelande på MasterCard webbsida.

MasterCard skrev:
To: Cardholders of Maestro-branded EMV Cards issued outside of the Asia/Pacific Region
Re: Temporary Suspension of Maestro ATM Acceptance in Japan

Thank you very much for patronage with MasterCard. All Maestro-branded EMV cards issued outside of the Asia/Pacific region are temporarily unable to withdraw currency at domestic ATMs, while the regional ATM network is upgraded.

However, Maestro-branded EMV cards issued in the following countries are able to withdraw currency at domestic ATMs.
Netherlands
Canada

Maestro-branded EMV cards issued within the Asia/Pacific Region, Maestro-branded cards without EMV chip, MasterCard-branded cards, and Cirrus-branded cards are not affected by this temporary suspension of service. Cardholders can continue to be able to use these other MasterCard products at ATMs and merchants across Japan.

MasterCard is working with these customer financial institutions to enable full acceptance of all cards as soon as possible.

Please accept our deep apology for the inconvenience caused.

ATMに関するお知らせ Notification*| MasterCard®

jol

Medlem
Det är Maestro-korten som generellt inte funkar.

Saxat från din post ovan: "MasterCard-branded cards, and Cirrus-branded cards are not affected by this temporary suspension of service. Cardholders can continue to be able to use these other MasterCard products at ATMs and merchants across Japan."

Glenn E

Medlem
Jag ska ju bara vara 4 timmar på KIX , Osaka utan att gå igenom passkontrollen och där finns vad jag kunde se bara en ATM från 7 bank.
Jag brukar alltid ta ut kontanter med mitt GE moneybank mastecard men det verkar säkrast att ha lite kontanter med sig.

Fungerade på Citibank på i Hiroo, Tokyo så sent som för en vecka sedan. Dock kryllar det inte direkt av Citibanks i stan. PDF med adresser och karta
Tack. Det var känslan jag fick efter att ha letat runt lite bland folks erfarenheter på nätet (vilket motsäger Dr. Miles information om att det är Master Card generellt som har problem).

Hittade lite fler länkar och tips Japanese 7-Eleven Stores block ATM withdrawals by Mastercard | Jose's Japan Tips
If you have a Mastercard, Maestro or Cirrus card on the other hand … like me … you’ll want to turn to Japan Post, the postal provider of Japan that pretty much has an ATM located in every one of their branches across the country. Note however that not all ATMs are available 24 hours a day… only central post office locations in the major cities offer 24 hour ATM service. Most others are available only during the post office’s business hours: those in major cities will have longer business hours, while those in more rural locations will have shorter hours and may be closed on weekends and holidays.

Citibank is another alternative, as they have bank locations in the major cities and at the main international airports.

One thing to note is that you can do an online search for Seven Bank ATMs in English through their website, while for Japan Post the search is only available in Japanese.

Sen kan man ju fråga sig vilket år japanerna allmänt ska börja använda plastkort istället för högar av kontanter, men det kanske är att begära för mycket :)

Toppen