Senaste nytt

Singapore Airlines har beställt A350-900ULR och siktar på att öppna Singapore-USA rutt igen

Dr. Miles

Expert
Igår publicerade Airbus och Singapore Airlines att Singapore Airlines blir launch customer till Airbus ny modell, Airbus A350-900 Ultra-Long Range (ULR).

800x600_1444638799_A350-900_ULR_SIA.jpg

(Foto: Airbus Press Centre)

Singapore Airlines har tidigare beställt 63 st Airbus A350-900 men de har gjort ändring i befintlig beställning och 7 av dem beställs som A350-900ULR och beställt ytterligare 4 st Airbus A350-900.
Totalt 67 st Airbus A350-900 & A350-900ULR.

Första Airbus A350-900ULR plan beräknas att bli levererad i 2018.
Airbus skrev:
Enables Singapore Airlines to resume non-stop flights to the US
13 October 2015 Press Release

Singapore Airlines (SIA) has selected Airbus’ newly launched Ultra-Long Range version of the A350-900 for non-stop flights to the US. Under an amendment to the carrier’s existing order for 63 A350-900s, seven of the aircraft will now be delivered with an Ultra-Long Range capability for flights of up to 19 hours. In addition, the carrier has placed an additional order for four A350-900s, taking its total firm orders for the A350 XWB Family to 67.

Optimised for non-stop flights to the US, the aircraft, designated A350-900ULR (Ultra-Long Range), will ‎include a modified fuel system to increase the fuel carrying capacity, an increase in Maximum Take-Off Weight, plus aerodynamic improvements, enabling service to the US West Coast, as well as to New York.

Representing a distance of some 8,700 nautical miles, the New York service will be the world’s longest commercial passenger route, with an expected flight time of up to 19 hours. Moreover, the unique flexibility offered by the A350 XWB allows operators to reconfigure their A350-900ULR to the standard long-haul A350-900 specification should they require it.
Airbus launches new Ultra-Long Range version of the A350-900| Airbus Press release

Dr. Miles

Expert
Blir det inte A350-900XWB-ULR? :D
Airbus själv skriver att det är A350-900ULR. Läs press releasen på deras webbsida.
Airbus skrev:
Notes for Editors

The A350-900ULR incorporates a number of necessary changes over the standard A350-900. These include a higher capacity fuel system within the existing fuel tanks, increasing fuel carrying capacity from 141,000 litres to 165,000 litres.

F

FCT

Det är väl Airbus som spekulerar om rutt, SQ har väl inte sagt något? Kan mycket väl tänka mig att IAH och GRU finns som potentiella kandidater i framtiden också.

Hur som helst, med detta plan kan man i princip nå hela världen nonstop från Singapore, coolt!

Dr. Miles

Expert
Det är väl Airbus som spekulerar om rutt, SQ har väl inte sagt något?
Nej, Singapore Airlines har inte publicerat någon tidtabell, för det är fortfarande lång fram i tiden (2018).
Däremot har Singapore Airlines CEO har sagt att de har avsikt att öppna Singapore-USA rutt igen med hjälp av Airbus A350-900ULR.
Det här är Singapore Airlines Press Releas om saken.
Singapore Airlines skrev:
SIA To Re-Start Non-Stop Singapore-US Flights With New A350 Variant

“Our customers have been asking us to re-start non-stop Singapore-US flights and we are pleased that Airbus was able to offer the right aircraft to do so in a commercially viable manner,”
Singapore Airlines CEO, Mr Goh Choon Phong

13 October 2015 - Singapore Airlines has signed an agreement to be the launch customer for a new ultra-long-range variant of the Airbus A350 aircraft, enabling the resumption of non-stop flights between Singapore and the United States.
http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/en_UK/press_release_news/ne2415-151013.jsp

Toppen