Senaste nytt

Singapore Airlines SQ322 Singapore to London Review Business Class&SilverKris Lounge

This is my trip report of a recent business trip, flying on Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 from Singapore to London, October 2013. The flight was on SQ322, departing Changi at 2205hrs and arriving London Heathrow at 0555 hrs.

First, pictures and a video of the SilverKris Lounge, Business Class section, at Changi Airport Terminal 3.

Here are the pictures - Guitar 123 Singapore Food and Travel Blog! ????????!: Singapore Changi Airport Silver Kris Lounge Terminal 3 - SIA's Flagship lounge

Here is the video - Singapore Airlines Changi Airport SilverKris Lounge Terminal 3 Business Class Section - YouTube

Check-in area of Business Class section at Changi Terminal 3. Check in was very smooth and fuss-free.
2hfi8t5.jpg

This was after the immigration checks, in the transit area of Terminal 3. The transit area is very wide and spacious. At Changi, the security checks are done at the gate, rather than centralized at one spot.
2u5cfwp.jpg

Changi Airport has been organising their Changi Millionaire draw for a number of years now. I figured that it must have been quite successful.
i6dn68.jpg

You would have to go up the escalator to get to the Airline Lounges. The SilverKris lounge was located at the corner. It wasn't difficult to find.

That was the entrance to the SilverKris Lounge. Pretty neat.
14kk0v5.jpg

Business Class section.
5ouhvm.jpg

Some of the wines available, self-service.
vs17y1.jpg

Drinks, a wide choice.
2lwm3pe.jpg

You should have a Tiger when in Singapore! Tiger from the tap!
2znyb80.jpg

There were plenty of food choices, including hot food. I had a good pre-flight meal before catching up with some work. Do check out my lounge video review to see more choices.
21jvnsm.jpg

so3kmr.jpg

This was my pre-flight dinner. Yumz.
2hpn1w4.jpg

Next would the flight itself. Stay tuned.

Singapore Airlines Flight

This is the video I made - Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class Singapore to London SQ 322 Oct 2013 - YouTube

Here are more pictures on my blog - Guitar 123 Singapore Food and Travel Blog! ????????!: Singapore Airlines SQ 322 Flight Singapore to London (Business Class) - October 2013

This is at the gate at Changi Airport.
23rwx0h.jpg

This was the waiting area. There were a number of gates here, hence the area is very big. There was another SQ flight for Paris later that evening. There were a number of Caucasian couples waiting for the SQ-SIngapore to London flight and I did overhear some of the chatter. It sounded like many of them had just disembarked from a cruise ship, and were on the way back to Europe or USA.
1zmp89e.jpg

Boarding time. That's the plane that would bring me to London. Singapore Airlines was the first in the world to operate the A380, since 2007. How time flies. It has been 6 years.
168valc.jpg

This was the route to the Upper Deck. This plane was configured as an all Business Class Upper Deck.
v4qp1z.jpg

This was my seat for the 13 hour flight, Seat 20K, window. It was about the middle of the plane. I had a decent view out of the window, as you can see from my video.
2i0q55l.jpg

This was the centre aisle. The Business class is in a 1-2-1 configuration.
2uf5xso.jpg

The seat.
zodljl.jpg

The welcome drink. I can't remember what this was, but I chose the non-alcoholic option.
2n6t3k2.jpg

The menu. This was the panel of international chefs. Check out my video for the full menu.
2cs9c2c.jpg

This was my drink after takeoff, the Singapore sling.
2niqjpj.jpg

Stretching my legs. Very comfortable.
2cys6ck.jpg

As this was a red eye flight, I did notice that some passengers decided to sleep and skip supper. Once the seat-belt sign was off, they converted their seat into the flat-bed, and went to sleep.

Let's head on to the meal service. This was the first course, Parma Ham with some salad. It didn't taste bad, but it certainly wasn't my type of food.
wlbtw4.jpg

The choices for the main course were
1) Grilled Prawns
2) Famous Singapore Chicken Rice
3) Seared beef fillet
2vmiqn7.jpg

The Singapore Girl would come around taking your order for the main course before the meal service started. I used the 'Book the Cook' service, which is complimentary for all Business Class, First and Suites passengers. Do utilise this service, you have to go online or book through your travel agent, and select from a long list of dishes.

The choice of dishes on 'Book the Cook' differs greatly, depending on where you are flying from. Flying out of Singapore, you would have the most choices. I chose the famous Lobster Thermidor and here is how it looks like. It was very succulent and delicious!
29geoty.jpg

I had a slight problem though. The King appeared, with his foot soliders, refusing to let me partake of the Lobster.
33424ad.jpg

When it came to dessert, again the same battle had to be fought with the King.
aoqdk4.jpg

After a very good meal, I decided to turn in for a good night's sleep. Do check out the trip video and blog posts for the rest of the review. Thanks for reading.

Hello again,

I found this site by accident! I googled, 'Business Class Forum'. And there was a link to this site. This is a great site! I can read it because I use Google Translator.

-------------------
Jag hittade denna plats av en slump! Jag googlade, "Forum Business Class". Och det fanns en länk till den här webbplatsen. Detta är en bra plats! Jag kan läsa det eftersom jag använder Google Translator.

Cheers!

Toppen